Ben Graham Centre's 2021 Value Investing Conference

Bryggen

Figured I'd start a new topic on this one...

Has anyone ever attended the Ben Graham Centre for Value Investing conference usually taking place the week of the AGM? This year it is called the 2021 VIRTUAL VALUE INVESTING CONFERENCE.

Would you recommend it? Anything to actually learn or gain insight into? Anthing to gain as an individual investor?

Please share your thoughts as I am considering registering for the first time.

Thanks

Bry

Sorry Bryggen

i don't know much about these conferences.

otherwise i would have commented it.

Thanks for your reply. Appreciated. Looks like it was discussed here before (2016), but I assume no one has a recent experience. Have a good one!

I've gone to them each year for the past decade, or so, and quite enjoyed them.  They can vary a bit from year to year depending on the speakers.

There are videos of several of the past speakers online.  For instance https://www.ivey.uwo.ca/bengrahaminvesting/resources/video-library/

The online format is new for them.  So, it'll be interesting to see how they handle it. (The networking and side meetings were really good in the past but, alas, probably won't happen this year.)

If cost isn't an issue, I'd go for sure.  But it's mostly an industry thing for those who can write off / expense the cost.  It'd be a harder decision for retail investors of modest means.  The later group might want to wait till next year for the full experience.     

I've gone to them each year for the past decade, or so, and quite enjoyed them.  They can vary a bit from year to year depending on the speakers.

There are videos of several of the past speakers online.  For instance https://www.ivey.uwo.ca/bengrahaminvesting/resources/video-library/

The online format is new for them.  So, it'll be interesting to see how they handle it. (The networking and side meetings were really good in the past but, alas, probably won't happen this year.)

If cost isn't an issue, I'd go for sure.  But it's mostly an industry thing for those who can write off / expense the cost.  It'd be a harder decision for retail investors of modest means.  The later group might want to wait till next year for the full experience.   

Thanks Norm! Valuable input and I will wait next year. in the meantime, I will watch some of the videos ;)

Bry