WSB - would be fun to show a contrary view

LongHaul

Anyone else want to start a thread on WSB and show a contrary view?  Might be fun make a bunch of value investing commentary and see the reactions.  Like the Mr. Market story, great fool theory, etc.

I've trolled a few threads in W S B and most of the time I get no responses. I have never specifically posted a thread to troll the entire sub.

There are some subs put aside for more serious stonk discussion, and W S B guys troll these with posts which I think are intended to tease / entice actual investors with their fabulous YOLO gains. The r/BerkshireHathaway mods seem to do a good job of taking down tard-posts.

r/BerkshireHathaway

r/ValueInvesting

r/CanadianInvestor

A more constructive idea might be to figure out a heavily shorted stock with a decent underlying business that could be pumped up a bit. If you see something getting shorted that you don't think deserves it, all the better.

"Hey guys, this thing is getting hammered by the man, but it's really a great company..."

or contrarily

"Look guys, the valuation on this shite business is insane, you need to listen to the shorts."

There used to be some guys here who did DRM and I'll bet they're working on this very idea.

---

Bonus idea: Fairfax is languishing and owns some BB. Why not pump fake that?

Bonus idea: Fairfax is languishing and owns some BB. Why not pump fake that?

Because it can't be leveraged 50x with options forcing a gamma squeeze.

I'm just showing off my YOLOtard options knowledge  ;)

and reinforcing why I'm going to largely stick with straight equity purchases.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just banned from WSB (been member since 2018 but rarely posted) for not having "enough karma" after making a semi intelligent post that didn't contain any rockets or other emojis. Be careful out there.

Insufficient Karma is the excuse, but in reality, anything that isn't meme-worthy gets the banhammer.

Try r/ValueInvesting.

I was just banned from WSB (been member since 2018 but rarely posted) for not having "enough karma" after making a semi intelligent post that didn't contain any rockets or other emojis. Be careful out there.

Banned? I just don't have enough Karma to post but I still have access.

Yes only banned from posting, but I can still look.

I should have posted something like this which got 2370 upvotes, despite being off the mark (PLTR down ~9% today):

PLTR is gonna destroy earnings this Tuesday, hop on the rocket by Friday cuz Monday’s a holiday

YOLO