What is your cash balance today?

LC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is a poll to record forum member's cash balances as a percent of investable funds. Although I suppose you can define that however you would like (e.g. whether to include retirement accounts, mortgages, etc.).

I also made the votes changeable, so it can be updated over time.

Personally I am just under 50% cash, hopefully Mr. Market presents opportunity to dramatically reduce that as I prefer to be fully or almost-fully invested.

Guest cherzeca

"cash balances as a percent of investable funds"

I suppose I am "fully" invested as my cash balance of 65% gives me the security to have the rest in equities. Bogle once quipped to the effect that "when I look at my portfolio, I cant believe I have as much as 50% in equities, and then next time I look at it, I cant believe I have only 50% in equities".

I'm currently at 33% in the accounts I actively invest. I do have sizable cash balances elsewhere that are about equal to the cash inside the accounts I actively invest. Part of that is because I have been investing in real estate in my local area and want cash on hand if I find something, part of it is I'm a chickenshit investor, and part of it is when I moved my accounts to IBKR, the process was so bad that I didn't want to put any more into it.

I would guess that cash as % of all investable assets is about 25%, due to some land investments that have appreciated significantly in recent years. Of course, if the market corrects, the land will be very illiquid, but I like where its located and I have the cash available to maintain them. 

Around 50%. I got in early with energy and financials so up around 50-100% on those but wasn't aggressive enough and too cheap to pay up after they popped in November. I was hoping for a pullback this quarter to add more but that seems to be off the table. So kicking myself at the moment! Smaller positions in real estate, travel, media, healthcare etc. Zero exposure to US growth stocks. But some exposure to Chinese tech.

Feeling rather stupid at the moment. I saw a lot of value in the summer especially in energy and financials but was very bearish on the economy and knew we were in for a very bad winter so found it hard to be too overweight stuff that got decimated in March and wanted to leave lots of room to average down. I failed to discount the possibility of early vaccine results or a stimulus deal getting done last year. Now with a fiscal tsunami coming this year and the Fed in no hurry to tighten it all seems far too obvious.