Happy new year!

Liberty

Agreed! Thanks again to Sanjeev for running this board for many, many years - often a thankless task! The investment returns i have been able to achieve over the years have been life changing. And without this board my guess is my returns would have been much lower. So i am VERY thankful to everyone who takes the time to post their thoughts :-)

And a ‘shout out’ to members from the past like bsilly... who have provided words of wisdom to help us through the dark days when Fairfax was under attack from short sellers.

To all have a great New Years celebration tonight and best wishes for a prosperous 2021 :-)

In synagogoue last Sabbath, I heard a sweet elderly lady in a nearby pew saying a prayer. She was so innocent and sincere that I just had to share it with you:

“Avinu she'ba'shamayim (Our Father in Heaven): This last year has been very tough. You have taken my favorite actors Sean Connery, Kirk Douglas and Diana Rigg; my favorite television host, Alex Trebek; Carl Reiner from ‘Your Show of Shows’; my favorite singer from the 50’s, Little Richard; even Charlie Daniels and Kenny Rogers my two favorite country western singers; and from sports you took Gale Sayers and my favorite basketball player Kobe Bryant.”

“I just wanted you to know that my favorite politicians are Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Chuckie Schumer, Adam Schiff and Jerrold Nadler."

Amein...

Happy New Year All!

Happy New year everyone.

Wish everyone health, happiness and more health, ... the rest of the stuff doesn't matter.

Thanks also to Parsad for providing this medium for us to interact. I have joined about a year ago, and looks like I have found a home.

As for the rest of you Mortals, thank you for all of yours thoughts and different views. I have immensely benefitted.

• 11 months later...

What a crazy couple of years! Happy New Years to all board members. The investment ideas / discussions this year has been stellar (as usual). I learned lots (hate that when it happens… 🙂 ). And made some extra $ along the way. Hopefully Fairfax has their AGM in person this year and i have a chance to say ‘thank you’ in person. Sanjeev, thanks for continuing to run this board - well done! Best of luck to everyone in 2022. Health and prosperity!

• 5 weeks later...