When Will You Take a Vaccine?

ander
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other point that I think is relevant here is obesity.

The article below indicates that the risk of death from Covid-19 is about 10 times higher in countries where most of the population is overweight.  While I am admittedly one of the dumbest people on this forum the numbers seem to indicate that if you are younger than 40/50 and not overweight you are most likely not going to die from covid.  Again, Covid sucks and I hope everyone stays safe.  It just isn't sound logic to infer that people should get a vaccine if it doesn't benefit them.  I think there's a cohort of folks here who seem to think everyone should be vaccinated and I don't understand the reasoning.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/health/obesity-covid-death-rate-intl/index.html

Chances of death are very low but you can still get very sick and incur permanent damage to your lungs or organs. Even if you are healthy. Not just theoretical, I know someone 40ish and healthy and fit that had this happen.  They have lung damage, it's permanent.  They also went through complete hell for 2 weeks.

Israel has vaccinated over half their population and haven't reported any issues.  The pharma companies aren't based there so they have no reason to lie about the effectiveness.  I feel at this point it's quite a remote chance the vaccine is more dangerous than covid. 

The article below indicates that the risk of death from Covid-19 is about 10 times higher in countries where most of the population is overweight.  While I am admittedly one of the dumbest people on this forum the numbers seem to indicate that if you are younger than 40/50 and not overweight you are most likely not going to die from covid.  Again, Covid sucks and I hope everyone stays safe.  It just isn't sound logic to infer that people should get a vaccine if it doesn't benefit them.  I think there's a cohort of folks here who seem to think everyone should be vaccinated and I don't understand the reasoning.

Chances of death are very low but you can still get very sick and incur permanent damage to your lungs or organs. Even if you are healthy. Not just theoretical, I know someone 40ish and healthy and fit that had this happen.  They have lung damage, it's permanent.  They also went through complete hell for 2 weeks.

Israel has vaccinated over half their population and haven't reported any issues.  The pharma companies aren't based there so they have no reason to lie about the effectiveness.  I feel at this point it's quite a remote chance the vaccine is more dangerous than covid.

The exact same thing is true for the flu. Do you think everyone should get innocolated (yearly flu shot)?

I can write a list of bacteria and viruses that can (emphasis can) have terrible terrible repercussions (much worse than a Corona virus). Why are you behaving so differently towards this one? Could it be the global fear mongering?

And you are going to use the shit hole called Israel as a good example? What's next, North Korea? Eritrea?

The exact same thing is true for the flu. Do you think everyone should get innocolated (yearly flu shot)?

The IFR for covid-19 is about 2.5x that of the flu.  The r0 of Covid-19 is about 66% higher than the r0 of the seasonal flu. 

The IFR for covid-19 is about 2.5x that of the flu.  The r0 of Covid-19 is about 66% higher than the r0 of the seasonal flu.

Yes that is unfair. You comparing the numbers for the average Influenza with a specific strain of Corona.

Either compare average Corona with average flu or Covid-19 with worst Influenza strain.

No cherry picking!

I can write a list of bacteria and viruses that can (emphasis can) have terrible terrible repercussions (much worse than a Corona virus). Why are you behaving so differently towards this one? Could it be the global fear mongering?

And you are going to use the shit hole called Israel as a good example? What's next, North Korea? Eritrea?

I actually think everyone should get vaccinated for flu as well. I do it, I had a flu a couple of times before that and while I apparently survived it, wasn’t much fur for ~7-10 days each time . A flu shot is much easier on me and since I got them, I never had the flu again.

For COVID-19, the risk reward ratio for vaccination is much better because COVID is much more in inconvenient , if you get symptomatic and much more dangerous.

Also, why is Israel a shithole country?  I can think of a lot of other states that deserve this classification much more so.

According to this article https://yalehealth.yale.edu/yale-covid-19-vaccine-program/who-should-and-shouldnt-get-covid-19-vaccine the only folks who shouldn't get vaccinated are those who might be allergic to one of the ingredients. 

Not sure what % of the population meets this criteria.

Some have questioned the need for vaccination for already infected and recovered.  Below Dr. Kulldorf is one of them

Look at re-infection rates:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/study-covid-19-reinfection_l_60533d0dc5b6f93a1d04a8d4

Overall, they found that a very small percentage of the population — 0.65% — experienced reinfection.

Look at side effects

https://www.kfyrtv.com/2021/03/15/health-experts-say-those-previously-infected-with-covid-19-may-have-worse-side-effects-from-the-vaccine/

Health experts say those previously infected with COVID-19 may have worse side effects from the vaccine

If you check the exclusion criteria of the vaccine trials:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577

Key exclusion criteria included a medical history of Covid-19, .....

According to this article [url=https://yalehealth.yale.edu/yale-covid-19-vaccine-program/who-should-and-shouldnt-get-covid-19-vaccine]https://yalehealth.yale.edu/yale-covid-19-vaccine-program/who-should-and-shouldnt-get-covid-19-vaccine[/url] the only folks who shouldn't get vaccinated are those who might be allergic to one of the ingredients. 

Not sure what % of the population meets this criteria.

Some have questioned the need for vaccination for already infected and recovered.  Below Dr. Kulldorf is one of them
https://twitter.com/MartinKulldorff/status/1376292359718248452

Look at re-infection rates:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/study-covid-19-reinfection_l_60533d0dc5b6f93a1d04a8d4
Overall, they found that a very small percentage of the population — 0.65% — experienced reinfection.

Look at side effects
https://www.kfyrtv.com/2021/03/15/health-experts-say-those-previously-infected-with-covid-19-may-have-worse-side-effects-from-the-vaccine/
Health experts say those previously infected with COVID-19 may have worse side effects from the vaccine

If you check the exclusion criteria of the vaccine trials:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577
Key exclusion criteria included a medical history of Covid-19, .....

[url=https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/health/obesity-covid-death-rate-intl/index.html]https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/health/obesity-covid-death-rate-intl/index.html[/url>

Workers in the research centres do have an interest to help foreign pharma look good and collaborate with them. Politicians who have spent public budget on this, do want to win votes (for the elections less a week ago, and the upcoming.). Medical system, which is obligatory, want to show how their ability to give shot is like the best thing ever. Talks have started about opening factories of pharma companies in Israel...

Legislation makes it not obligatory to test for those who have taken 2nd shot, tests done by the medical system without impartial supervision, same goes with reporting side effects from the shots they gave, researches bomb the media with their predetermined conclusions...

Now, the shots are likely to prove good. Decision in favor is easier to certain people, who are at a greater risk, and risk less by taking it (my parents took it for example. While I opted to declining it, as undoing vaccination is not possible.). But I believe that claiming Israel has no reason to show effectiveness of the vaccine is wrong, and there's very little control over it.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/29/cdc-director-dr-rochelle-walensky-warns-of-impending-doom/

LOLzzzz. More theatre from the fear mongering bureaucrats...."hold on a little longer!" ha, no! how about STFU.

Get my 2nd shot Friday. Only doing it once. If I start hearing about how we need shots every year for the "mutant" variants, I'll probably have to put my foot down.

Now, I have had enough of this topic. To me, a perfectly reasonable topic to start, with good intentions, now drowned in all kind of political *BS* & "vanilla" [understood as "plain"] *BS*.

After this post, I'll press the "Unnotify" button , & do my very best never to read - nor post in - this topic again, and let you all - my fellow CoBF members - live your lives according to your personal opinions & personal choises.

Those of you, who want to discuss still, to me, suffer from a personality disorder about aiming control over other people's behavior & doings.

In short, you have nothing to sell - there is no demand - and no gross margin on - demand from those of a different opinion compared to your own.

So, let it go. It's waste of your time discussing it here. Every CoBF member has [naturally] already given this matter meticulous & careful consideration, each to their own.

It's beyond me, what the impact & influence of discusssing this issue with others, has to do with the outcome of our own personal decisions.

I think it just points to the continued efforts by the politicians to bully people through fear, into getting vaccinated(which perplexes me since the vaccine is something benevolent). There s a huge swath of people who believe them still; who dont know any better. Its equivalent to circus animals. "Master, can we go to the gym? Master when can our kids go back to the classroom? Master can we dine out? Master can we have baseball this summer"..."No, not yet. Only at 10%. Only if you're good!"....I mean this woman even wore goth type makeup presumably for effect. And while people often get worked up over calling this a hoax, what is a true hoax is what the establishment is peddling. Literally all you need to do to see its a giant hoax is go on vacation. But they tell you "dont leave the state"..."you need to quarantine"....and feed you things like "we're saving lives!" and "flatten the curve" which..who is going to argue with that? But as we continue to see...its all unnecessary because "the bad guys" as some of them continue to refer to states that dont buy into their game...have better numbers than "the good guys"...To this day, the WORST states, are the ones who took the most ridiculous measures and attempted to turn their residents into subservient puppets. And if we had any doubt its nonsensical bs, the irrefutable proof is in the pudding because none of the wealthy or important people follow these stupid rules!!

What does this have to do with getting vaccinated? Well one, I think everyone deserves a real return to normal. Its embarrassing and also sad a lot of the country is still of the mindset of "master, when can we return to normal" to which the reply is "when WE determine its safe"- to which there is absolutely no real metric they are presenting to crystalize when that is, other than simply everyone getting the vaccine....when the truth is that people can already return to normal and if you really want normal you can just travel a few hours south to escape the bullshit. Two, I think it further emphasizes the importance of people thinking for themselves and making their own decisions. You can not trust these politicians, period. The more you resist them the more it seems they ramp up the crap. Covid will basically be done by the summer or at worst the fall. It will definitely help if as many people as possible get the vaccines. But if they choose not to, well, this is still America and thats their right. The question is what the politicians will do next to keep people calling them "master" and being subservient. The passport thing I can see becoming a big power issue. To me, Ive got it, so I'm good. But dont really think its fair to use that against others.

So if this skews too hard one way or another for folks...oh well. But the truth is that all these things weigh into a decision making process. For me, it was an easy decision, much similar to ones I use when investing, and with my life/wife....its more important to them than it is to me....so I will just take the path of least resistance to save myself future headaches(in this case, the probability of which I assessed as being low)...hopefully everyone does what they need to and we all have gigantic 4th of July bashes...not just the ones who choose not to ask "master" for permission to gather.

Now, I have had enough of this topic.
Those of you, who want to discuss still, to me, suffer from a personality disorder about aiming control over other people's behavior & doings.

There was a comment recently made by gfp describing how it has become more difficult to discuss potentially contentious topics. It seems like there are still many people on the fence on this vaccine topic (hesitant) based on rational and irrational thought processes. Here's an additional post that will try to control the personality disorder aspect and that will try to stay on the rational side of the debate.  :)
It just isn't sound logic to infer that people should get a vaccine if it doesn't benefit them.  I think there's a cohort of folks here who seem to think everyone should be vaccinated and I don't understand the reasoning.

Chances of death are very low but you can still get very sick and incur permanent damage to your lungs or organs. Even if you are healthy. Not just theoretical...

Workers in the research centres do have an interest to help foreign pharma look good and collaborate with them. Politicians who have spent public budget on this, do want to win votes (for the elections less a week ago, and the upcoming.). Medical system, which is obligatory, want to show how their ability to give shot is like the best thing ever. Talks have started about opening factories of pharma companies in Israel...
Legislation makes it not obligatory to test for those who have taken 2nd shot, tests done by the medical system without impartial supervision, same goes with reporting side effects from the shots they gave, researches bomb the media with their predetermined conclusions...
Now, the shots are likely to prove good. Decision in favor is easier to certain people, who are at a greater risk, and risk less by taking it (my parents took it for example. While I opted to declining it, as undoing vaccination is not possible.). But I believe that claiming Israel has no reason to show effectiveness of the vaccine is wrong, and there's very little control over it.

Disclosure: i've followed the vaccine data from Israel to a reasonable degree and participated in an international meeting (mostly listen mode) involving a presentation by Dr. Asher Salmon (high level official dealing with international sharing of knowledge) 7 days ago.
There are two questions:
1-Should i take the vaccine, on an individual basis?
Hopefully, the info in this thread may help.
2-If, as a group, nation, horde or whatever, people 'decide' to go ahead for the population, what is the best way to go about it?
Here, the Israel 'blueprint' may help.
For question 2-, Israel had pre-existing institutions and processes in place and took many good decisions to make the process efficient. There is a lot to learn. However, their process has been associated with perceived, potential and very real biases. On top of what is mentioned above, Israel committed to buy large quantities at a high price, took on the potential liability aspect related to the virus and engaged in the sharing of all data with the companies selling the products. Checks and balances are necessary. IMO overall (they also had various problems), they performed very efficiently, including for the younger (and more hesitant) cohorts, for the distribution of vaccines and monitoring of results and side effects.
@no_free_lunch
Israel used many strategies including positive influence, mobile units, digital tools etc but there is a possibility that the use of centrally issued 'health' passports (vaccine certificates or equivalent) and green passes may raise some red flags in some parts of the world. Personally, i think this last part is going too far. Practically speaking, whatever the individual ideology, from the efficiency point of view, using the passport and pass system that Israel has put in place would have likely increased, on a net basis, vaccine hesitancy in the US (perhaps Canada as well?).
-----
For the derogatory comments above, there was this blog today where a gynecologist in her 60s was commenting on the recent coronavirus events in Florida. She posted: "Everything you do in life has risk. The plane could crash, a shark could attack me, a bad fall could break my neck......life is too short." Based on a review of her credentials and using various tools related to patient satisfaction, it appears that she is competent but also has difficulty in establishing a constructive human connection.

I think it just points to the continued efforts by the politicians to bully people through fear, into getting vaccinated(which perplexes me since the vaccine is something benevolent). There s a huge swath of people who believe them still; who dont know any better. Its equivalent to circus animals. "Master, can we go to the gym? Master when can our kids go back to the classroom? Master can we dine out? Master can we have baseball this summer"..."No, not yet. Only at 10%. Only if you're good!"....I mean this woman even wore goth type makeup presumably for effect. And while people often get worked up over calling this a hoax, what is a true hoax is what the establishment is peddling. Literally all you need to do to see its a giant hoax is go on vacation. But they tell you "dont leave the state"..."you need to quarantine"....and feed you things like "we're saving lives!" and "flatten the curve" which..who is going to argue with that? But as we continue to see...its all unnecessary because "the bad guys" as some of them continue to refer to states that dont buy into their game...have better numbers than "the good guys"...To this day, the WORST states, are the ones who took the most ridiculous measures and attempted to turn their residents into subservient puppets. And if we had any doubt its nonsensical bs, the irrefutable proof is in the pudding because none of the wealthy or important people follow these stupid rules!!

What does this have to do with getting vaccinated? Well one, I think everyone deserves a real return to normal. Its embarrassing and also sad a lot of the country is still of the mindset of "master, when can we return to normal" to which the reply is "when WE determine its safe"- to which there is absolutely no real metric they are presenting to crystalize when that is, other than simply everyone getting the vaccine....when the truth is that people can already return to normal and if you really want normal you can just travel a few hours south to escape the bullshit. Two, I think it further emphasizes the importance of people thinking for themselves and making their own decisions. You can not trust these politicians, period. The more you resist them the more it seems they ramp up the crap. Covid will basically be done by the summer or at worst the fall. It will definitely help if as many people as possible get the vaccines. But if they choose not to, well, this is still America and thats their right. The question is what the politicians will do next to keep people calling them "master" and being subservient. The passport thing I can see becoming a big power issue. To me, Ive got it, so I'm good. But dont really think its fair to use that against others.

So if this skews too hard one way or another for folks...oh well. But the truth is that all these things weigh into a decision making process. For me, it was an easy decision, much similar to ones I use when investing, and with my life/wife....its more important to them than it is to me....so I will just take the path of least resistance to save myself future headaches(in this case, the probability of which I assessed as being low)...hopefully everyone does what they need to and we all have gigantic 4th of July bashes...not just the ones who choose not to ask "master" for permission to gather.

People want to be led like sheep. They don't want to think. Which is fine for some of us. Time after time, we believe everything these bozos say. And when they change their mind and put up conflicting rules, that they, themselves have no intention of '
following - we still look up to them and don't call them out.

Almost all people, including me, want the vaccine - and want to get back to normal. Yet, the bureaucrats DO NOT want that.
They want to extend it - and continue to run your life.

And you guys have a problem with these clowns being called out for what it is?  A power play.

Greg mentioned the NY passport requirement - what an obviously transparent move by bureaucrats. Couldn't be more obvious.
Once you get the vaccine - then you have to wear masks for the next year or so?  What crap.

[url=https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/health/obesity-covid-death-rate-intl/index.html]https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/health/obesity-covid-death-rate-intl/index.html[/url>

I actually think everyone should get vaccinated for flu as well. I do it, I had a flu a couple of times before that and while I apparently survived it, wasn’t much fur for ~7-10 days each time . A flu shot is much easier on me and since ai got them, I never had the flu again.

For COVID-19, the risk reward ratio for vaccination is much better because COVID is much more in inconvenient , if you get symptomatic and much more dangerous.

Also, why is Israel a shithole country?  I can think of a lot of other states that deserve this classification much more so.

Well at least you're consistent then. I think it's much better and healtier to build the resistance naturally.

Israel? Look at their green pass system. Have they learned nothing from WW2? Of course this is not the first indication of unethical behaviour by Israel.

People want to be led like sheep. They don't want to think. Which is fine for some of us. Time after time, we believe everything these bozos say. And when they change their mind and put up conflicting rules, that they, themselves have no intention of '
following - we still look up to them and don't call them out.

Almost all people, including me, want the vaccine - and want to get back to normal. Yet, the bureaucrats DO NOT want that.
They want to extend it - and continue to run your life.

And you guys have a problem with these clowns being called out for what it is?  A power play.

Greg mentioned the NY passport requirement - what an obviously transparent move by bureaucrats. Couldn't be more obvious.
Once you get the vaccine - then you have to wear masks for the next year or so?  What crap.

I thought they got rid of the politics board