Politics/Coronavirus Posts belong in the Politics Board

wabuffo

Its just not working.....

I sign in to read informative investment posts and over half the new message thread on the opening screen is stuff that has nothing to do with investing.  And I even put the Politics section on ignore. 

I'm sure I will get push-back = "but this stuff affects your investments".  I really don't agree but its not up to me.  Its up to the moderator to moderate here.

I've seen a number of once great investing boards descend into chaos this year to the point that I don't even visit them anymore - much less post.

Perhaps this is what everyone here enjoys and wants to discuss.  That's ok.  Reasonable people can disagree about what is relevant and what is not.

But its getting to the point that its not worth the effort to wade through an entire screen of what I consider (but other may disagree) are political posts that add only noise.

Fwiw,

wabuffo

Why does anyone go to the opening screen of this site?  It is the least useful way to view the site even if there are no political posts.

At the top left of the page right near your picture you will see

"Hello <YOUR USER NAME>

Show unread posts since last visit.

Show new replies to your posts."

You can see the topics containing all of the unread posts since you last came to the site or just the topics you've participated in with new posts.  Then you can click on only the topics that you are interested in.  The opening screen is just a jumble of the last few posts without arranging them into topics.

You can see the topics containing all of the unread posts since you last came to the site or just the topics you've participated in with new posts.  Then you can click on only the topics that you are interested in.

Thanks for the tip - that is better.  I get less of a headache after signing in.  8)

wabuffo

You can see the topics containing all of the unread posts since you last came to the site or just the topics you've participated in with new posts.  Then you can click on only the topics that you are interested in.

Thanks for the tip - that is better.  I get less of a headache after signing in.  8)

wabuffo

No problem,  Those links should be more prominent. I think they go unnoticed by a lot of people.

Kind of sad that Coronavirus should only be discussed in Politics section.

Alternatively there should be hard moderation that nukes political posts in the Coronavirus and other threads.

I think that Sanjeev is too busy and too nice to hard moderate.

I think this is not having a good effect on CoBF.

But hey it's Sanjeev's site and it's only MHO  ::)

Kind of sad that Coronavirus should only be discussed in Politics section.

Alternatively there should be hard moderation that nukes political posts in the Coronavirus and other threads.

I think that Sanjeev is too busy and too nice to hard moderate.

I think this is not having a good effect on CoBF.

But hey it's Sanjeev's site and it's only MHO  ::)

Sanjeev is doing a great job with the food fight - and it will all be over soon....

You certainly wouldn't want the job.