TIKR.com | Free Beta with Coverage of 50k+ Global Stocks

Garpy

Hi COBF community,

Hope you and your loved ones are well and safe. We were encouraged by a number of COBF members to post here, as they thought the community would find value in what we are building.

We have created a powerful equity research platform for fundamental investors at TIKR.com. Powered by S&P Global CapitalIQ, we have coverage of 50k+ stocks globally. We have financials, consensus estimates, valuation metrics, transcripts, filings, ownership data, and more. Our platform was built from the ground up with the value investor in mind!

We would love to have you join our free beta and look forward to hearing your feedback. Please use the following link to register: https://app.tikr.com/register?ref=COBF

Valuation_chart.thumb.png.593bae55d111a3286eb9b401819e3750.png

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shameless plug:

This is my favorite website for fundamental research. The main thing has going for it is that all the information is in one place (valuation metrics, fundamental, balance sheet, income statement, CC transcripts) and most importantly, it works for most foreign stocks as well.

While other websites like Koyfin have nicer charts, none of them offers information on foreign stocks, at least not in their Beta implementation.

This is a really clean and crisp tool. I have been using it for last six months and greatly benefitted from it. One issue I have faced is that the security page does not show the current price of equity in real time. Sometime it is dated by a day almost. Other than that, I really like it.

Appreciate all of the support! Our data is institutional-grade and is powered by CapitalIQ as well as several other data providers and our internal data. In terms of stock price quotes, given we are still in beta it’s currently last close data. However, we definitely will launch with real-time / 15 minute delayed data in the near future!

Concern is not price data but fundamental data.

And in fairness, problem is not with you guys but the vendors who provide this data (Cap IQ etc.).

Their line items descriptions are never 100% accurate, particularly during transitions such as before-after mergers, or sub-items/one-time items which are not accurately described or transcribed from the actual 10k/q to the CapIQ database.

In other words, I'll be looking at some company's financials, it will say something like "one time item" or "other" which contains maybe 4-5 different line items summed together, and then I will still have to open the company filing to understand what the nature of these items are. And it's annoying and I sit there thinking why do I bother with this, I should have just opened up the 10Q in the first place.

Appreciate all of the support! Our data is institutional-grade and is powered by CapitalIQ as well as several other data providers and our internal data. In terms of stock price quotes, given we are still in beta it’s currently last close data. However, we definitely will launch with real-time / 15 minute delayed data in the near future!

Thank you.

We certainly hope to add financial history going even further back. As we grow TIKR, we'll have the ability to reinvest back into the business and continue to improve it.

Which gets me to your second question on pricing. TIKR is currently free as we're in beta. We will always have a free tier but will likely add some paid subscription tiers in the future with premium features/data. Our aim is to empower even individual investors with an institutional-grade investment research platform. We therefore plan for TIKR to be available at a highly accessible price point. We haven't finalized pricing and have instead been focused on adding as much value as possible to our users. But if you have thoughts on what pricing should be, please feel free to DM us! Our goal is for TIKR to be a no brainer value investment :)

I would suggest you create a poll here on pricing bands and let people vote. Many people would be lazy to DM. I think I will pay for it as long as it is reasonable and shows current equity pricing. Good luck Garpy.

We certainly hope to add financial history going even further back. As we grow TIKR, we'll have the ability to reinvest back into the business and continue to improve it.

Which gets me to your second question on pricing. TIKR is currently free as we're in beta. We will always have a free tier but will likely add some paid subscription tiers in the future with premium features/data. Our aim is to empower even individual investors with an institutional-grade investment research platform. We therefore plan for TIKR to be available at a highly accessible price point. We haven't finalized pricing and have instead been focused on adding as much value as possible to our users. But if you have thoughts on what pricing should be, please feel free to DM us! Our goal is for TIKR to be a no brainer value investment :)

Just a thought but perhaps you guys should go after Yahoo's finance's market.  That product has gotten worse over the years and Google has basically exited.  Morningstar has gotten worse too.  There is a need for a good basic free product.  Not sure of the economics though.

Our aim is to empower even individual investors with an institutional-grade investment research platform. We therefore plan for TIKR to be available at a highly accessible price point. We haven't finalized pricing and have instead been focused on adding as much value as possible to our users. But if you have thoughts on what pricing should be, please feel free to DM us! Our goal is for TIKR to be a no brainer value investment :)

Thank you for creating and posting here! Trying it starting today. Certainly fit in the individual investor looking for a robust investment research platform. Really appreciate your work and your mission

Jurgis - You should try this. Ad free, clean, no bullshit here and there.

I have not used tikr.com.

Morningstar is free (for me) and covers pretty much all companies I look at.  ::)

I took a look. It has a lot of data and it looks pretty good. Still, I won't pay for TIKR since M* for free is good enough for me.  ::) Just MO though.

Jurgis - You should try this. Ad free, clean, no bullshit here and there.

I have not used tikr.com.

Morningstar is free (for me) and covers pretty much all companies I look at.  ::)

I took a look. It has a lot of data and it looks pretty good. Still, I won't pay for TIKR since M* for free is good enough for me.  ::) Just MO though.

I can also get M* for free through a library, but it’s a pain going through the library website and quite frankly, the M* user interface sucks. I would pay a little for convenience.

Edit - I just realized that the Boston public library gives access to CapIQ. Cool!

TIKR is a great tool but I'm wondering how people track things like SEC filings. If you have 100 stocks you follow how do you follow the SEC filings on those stocks? Do you use something like Feedly? Or is there some other way to do it, maybe within TIKR?

TIKR is a great tool but I'm wondering how people track things like SEC filings. If you have 100 stocks you follow how do you follow the SEC filings on those stocks? Do you use something like Feedly? Or is there some other way to do it, maybe within TIKR?

The answer is simple. (Almost ) Nobody does this (Tracking filings off 100 companies).