Will you listen to a podcast if . . .

ratiman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's nothing worse than a host that constantly interrupts the interviewee. Too many podcast hosts try to create a weird cult of personality around themselves rather than letting their guests do the talking. I guess that's par for the course in this narcissistic age of Instagram, but it's unfortunate.

A good interviewer knows how to gently steer a conversation and knows the right times to ask probing questions. An excellent interviewer knows how to do both of the above and will STFU when called for instead of asking an internationally-recognized expert about his favorite blogs in lieu of an intelligent follow-up question.

I rarely listen to podcasts. Unfortunately, podcasts (audio) and video (Youtube/etc.) are huge time hogs. I think I still have browser tabs open from 3+ years ago with podcasts/videos that I have not viewed/listened. Compared to reading a transcript/article/whatever, even at 2x speed audio/video is huge time hog.

Before anyone suggests: I don't listen while driving. I don't take public transport. I don't listen while exercising, cooking, taking shower, having sex, sleeping, etc.  ::)

I answered good host and good guest.  If I had to choose only one, I prefer a good host to a good guest.  A good host can get something out of most guests.  A badly hosted podcast stinks no matter who the have on.

I also listen to podcasts without guests.

Rarely. I just find reading much more efficient.

Yes, but you have to find time to read and do nothing else. I listen to audio while cooking, doing yard work, cleaning, driving, and even taking a shower.  If I'm not working, sleeping, or reading and no one is in the room with me then I'm listening to either a podcast or audiobook.

I answered good host and good guest.  If I had to choose only one, I prefer a good host to a good guest.  A good host can get something out of most guests.  A badly hosted podcast stinks no matter who the have on.

I also listen to podcasts without guests.

I agree with this. Some hosts are just unlistenable. There are a ton of podcasts and most of them are  bad very niche.