NKLA motors up 100% today---Is founder the next Elisabeth Holmes or Henry Ford

Guest jalebijim

Guest jalebijim

Cons:

CEO does not have a material science or engineering background

CEO is a very good promoter

Chief engineer used to work as a pinball repairman

No concrete product and lots of hype

Poor efficiencies of hydrogen to electricity transfer, loss of energy from compression etc

CEO sold $70 million of shares at $10???

Massive infrastructure cost for a buildout of hydrogen stations

Pros:

Some good partners like Bosh, INVECO

Were able to raise some capital

What have Valueact's returns been over the past 10 years? I would imagine pretty terrible since Ubben stepped down this year.

100% vertically integrated but outsource most of what they do. Lot of buzz words. Unbelievable.

But he (Milton) compared the company to Telsa and Amazon. Ubben might be low-balling the $100 billion.

Here's my math:

Tesla has a market cap of $176 billion. Amazon $1.25 trillion. If we take $176 billion+$1.25 trillion and divide that by 2 (to get a margin of safety), this company should be worth around $700 billion.

Market cap is $26 billion so this should get a 25+ bagger. Not bad for a company with no revenue.

I wonder how much of these companies get funding because they're going to "save" the world?

Guest jalebijim

100% vertically integrated but outsource most of what they do. Lot of buzz words. Unbelievable.

But he (Milton) compared the company to Telsa and Amazon. Ubben might be low-balling the $100 billion.

Here's my math:

Tesla has a market cap of $176 billion. Amazon $1.25 trillion. If we take $176 billion+$1.25 trillion and divide that by 2 (to get a margin of safety), this company should be worth around $700 billion.

Market cap is $26 billion so this should get a 25+ bagger. Not bad for a company with no revenue.

I wonder how much of these companies get funding because they're going to "save" the world?

There are several errors in your guys math and analysis!

2020 q1 revenue was $58,000(leaves a lot of room for revenue growth, will provide nice upside for the stock).

According to the former CEO Trevor Milton(who is now the chairman) this is a technology energy company, that is primarily B2B focused and vertically integrated via outsourcing.

Your $700 billion valuation does not take into account the eyeballs monetization from his Twitter account(yes 1999 metrics are back in fashion).

Screen_Shot_2020-06-08_at_8_43.10_PM.thumb.png.bbd2539a347e290a9fba9f2f5ea14580.png

I really don’t understand how pre-order revenue is more valuable then actual revenue.

What happened to Aesop’s one bird in hand worth two in the Bush.

I’m invested in SHOP, so I’m not a traditional value investor but how can investors have faith without trying the product or ecosystem?

Maybe we’re missing something huge here? Something that will ensure their victory in the market?

Guest jalebijim

Is that your screenshot below Jurgis???

Like how you roll homie, Charlie and Warren ain't got nothing on you! YOLO!

Not mine. I would never use Verizon. Is it yours?

giphy.gif

Not mine, got it from reddit WSB.

I actually shorted a tiny amount of some deep in the money calls today. Keeping them on a tight leash.

Will post a screen shot if they work out and pretend it never happened if I loose money(like most CNBC guests). ;)

Here's my math:

There are several errors in your guys math and analysis!

2020 q1 revenue was $58,000(leaves a lot of room for revenue growth, will provide nice upside for the stock).

According to the former CEO Trevor Milton(who is now the chairman) this is a technology energy company, that is primarily B2B focused and vertically integrated via outsourcing.

Your $700 billion valuation does not take into account the eyeballs monetization from his Twitter account(yes 1999 metrics are back in fashion).

Twitter has a market cap of $28 billion. I didn't realize NKLA had that much revenue. Since Milton also uses Twitter, I think that $58,000 revenue is worth at least $28 billion.

I'll still say that 1999 was still worse...but I'm not going to lie, it's starting to look like it.

With 1999 you had a lot of these story stocks (multi-billion market caps with little to no revenue). Shiller P/E was like 45 and the 10 year was at 6%+.

10 year is now less than 1% and is Shiller at 30. Now that doesn't mean the stock market won't drop (in 2007 both of those metrics were also lower than 2000).

It seems market is weighing heavily on the pre-order of 14,000 trucks that includes the cost of fuel...

Apparently people are saying 1999 was still worse, but if that’s the case, I’m just flabbergasted.

I think 2020 is far worse than 1999. Compared to what’s going on right now pets.com looks viable in retrospect. I think it should just IPO again and I bet it would surge because if the nostalgia value.

It seems market is weighing heavily on the pre-order of 14,000 trucks that includes the cost of fuel...

Apparently people are saying 1999 was still worse, but if that’s the case, I’m just flabbergasted.

I think 2020 is far worse than 1999. Compared to what’s going on right now pets.com looks viable in retrospect. I think it should just IPO again and I bet it would surge because if the nostalgia value.

What's making you say that 2020 is worse than 1999?

I remember stories on places like 20/20 (or something) about how much money people were making.

Speaking of the free trading. Didn't this happen with the 1999 as well? If I remember correctly that's the era that the discount brokerages came around. Sure free has much more allure than cheaper so it's attracting more people. But going from $100 a trade to $20 a trade is a hell of a bigger reduction than going from $5 a trade to $0 a trade.

Guest jalebijim

I remember stories on places like 20/20 (or something) about how much money people were making.

NKLA market cap is now bigger than Ford or Fiat Chrysler....... :o

Let's party like it's 1999!!!!!!!

Screen_Shot_2020-06-09_at_8_49.15_AM.thumb.png.135729401596f7336b6f1606e19b3bed.png

NKLA market cap is now bigger than Ford or Fiat Chrysler....... :o

Let's party like it's 1999!!!!!!!

Da Faq?  ???