Make $100k a Year Working From Home!

Gregmal

https://www.harris.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Monthly%20Economic%20Crisis%20Support%20Act%20Bill%20Text.pdf

This is the most insane thing Ive ever seen. Married couple with 3 kids who collectively earns $150k a year will be getting $10,000 a month from the government!

Frugal folks like those on here could pray this pandemic lasts 2-3 years and then just retire.

Paul, I have a true story for you.

A few years ago I sat beside a retired senior federal civil servant on a long trans Atlantic flight.

My seatmate had been in charge of policy for a major federal government financial institution. He was telling me about the sleepless nights and decisions he had to make during the meltdown in 2008-9. So I mentioned my concern that we no longer followed the gold standard and that it really concerned me.

So now are you ready for this...

He laughed and said “Oh no, you don't need to worry about that. We're still on the gold standard. What made you think we weren’t?”

Wellllll...  I'm just a nobody and he was a nice guy and an expert in the finance field with all sort of degrees and no doubt years of experience and with a yearly retirement income probably bigger than I would make in 10 years.

So I was really rather dumbfounded and at a loss for words. I told him that as far as I knew, it had been many, many years since we dropped the gold standard and now governments basically just printed money as they needed it. He kind of laughed and politely assured me that I was mistaken and as far as he knew we still followed the gold standard. Now I am sitting beside this guy for 6 or 7 hours so I kinda had to behave myself so I politely, but firmly told him that I believed he was wrong.

He assured me that he would certainly be checking my story out shortly after we landed.

Wish I could have been around to see if he did.

Paul, I have a true story for you.

A few years ago I sat beside a retired senior federal civil servant on a long trans Atlantic flight.

My seatmate had been in charge of policy for a major federal government financial institution. He was telling me about the sleepless nights and decisions he had to make during the meltdown in 2008-9. So I mentioned my concern that we no longer followed the gold standard and that it really concerned me.

So now are you ready for this...

He laughed and said “Oh no, you don't need to worry about that. We're still on the gold standard. What made you think we weren’t?”

Wellllll...  I'm just a nobody and he was a nice guy and an expert in the finance field with all sort of degrees and no doubt years of experience and with a yearly retirement income probably bigger than I would make in 10 years.

So I was really rather dumbfounded and at a loss for words. I told him that as far as I knew, it had been many, many years since we dropped the gold standard and now governments basically just printed money as they needed it. He kind of laughed and politely assured me that I was mistaken and as far as he knew we still followed the gold standard. Now I am sitting beside this guy for 6 or 7 hours so I kinda had to behave myself so I politely, but firmly told him that I believed he was wrong.

He assured me that he would certainly be checking my story out shortly after we landed.

Wish I could have been around to see if he did.

That is nuts! The fact that he worked for a government financial institution makes this crazy (and sad!). I'm glad we're in good hands with our officials. haha