Real World Anecdotes

BG2008

The kicker:  she works from home.  The Federal government will not even let her work from home.  All because her allergy symptoms look like covid-19 symptoms for which she has a fresh negative test result in hand.

Will go back to face palming some more about how stupid the government is.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can somebody post a picture of a Donald Trump cheque. I'm dying of curiosity.

Here it is.

---

I was at the mailbox today & a neighbor was passing by.

He stopped & asked me if I'd gotten a stimulus check yet & I waved the envelope at him.

He started pissing & moaning about how Pelosi is holding up the checks.

I said yes, it's a disgrace that she's held up the checks just so she could get Trumps name on them.

He started to bristle & I asked him if he'd knew that Pelosi & Trump were having an affair & that she had to be mean to him in public for the sake of the democratic party but that her work getting his name on the checks proves that she really loves him.

I think I had him believing it by the end of the conversation.

We rarely talk because he's pretty much a dipshit.

Hopefully we won't talk again any time soon.

Douchenozzle_Stimulus_Check.thumb.jpg.8ba77f231f1670e1c94a197925e2efcc.jpg

Here it is.

---

He stopped & asked me if I'd gotten a stimulus check yet & I waved the envelope at him.

I said yes, it's a disgrace that she's held up the checks just so she could get Trumps name on them.

He started to bristle & I asked him if he'd knew that Pelosi & Trump were having an affair & that she had to be mean to him in public for the sake of the democratic party but that her work getting his name on the checks proves that she really loves him.

Aahahahaha

I almost fell of the chair laughing.

I'm not sure if I should sue your neigbor, Trump, or Pelosi.

Finally, the “invisible enemy” (Trademark pending) hits close to home. Our HR gal called me about my contact exposure with one of my close colleagues last week. His wife tested positive and he is likely too (test results pending). Luckily my own exposure with him was pretty limited because I kept at social distancing at work too and have my own office. His cubicle neighbor next to him likely is not that lucky.

My colleagues wife most likely got it through an outbreak cluster at her workplace according to my colleague (I texted him).

Both are doing fine so far, his wife only symptom is losing her sense of smell.

Here it is.

Thanks.

I'm LMAO at the cheque.  There's probably a regulation somewhere of what can go on cheques. The only place the could put his name in is in the description. Likely because the president doesn't have signing authority at the treasury. BUT Vona Robinson does. So she gets to sign the cheques, not Trump. Ooooohh he must have been pissed about that.

Finally, the “invisible enemy” (Trademark pending) hits close to home. Our HR gal called me about my contact exposure with one of my close colleagues last week. His wife tested positive and he is likely too (test results pending). Luckily my own exposure with him was pretty limited because I kept at social distancing at work too and have my own office. His cubicle neighbor next to him likely is not that lucky.

My colleagues wife most likely got it through an outbreak cluster at her workplace according to my colleague (I texted him).

Are you being quarantined? Or tested? Or made to work from home? Or was it just a social call of "you might be screwed, but please continue comrade"?

Here it is.

Thanks.

I'm LMAO at the cheque.  There's probably a regulation somewhere of what can go on cheques. The only place the could put his name in is in the description. Likely because the president doesn't have signing authority at the treasury. BUT Vona Robinson does. So she gets to sign the cheques, not Trump. Ooooohh he must have been pissed about that.

I heard Trump fired Mnuchin because his name on the checks is too small and not in golden letters.

And he fired of who-the-heck-she-is Vona Robinson too.

(Not real news)

Are you being quarantined? Or tested? Or made to work from home? Or was it just a social call of "you might be screwed, but please continue comrade"?

It‘s the latter. I don’t meet the criteria for testing apparently.

For the time being, business as usual.🦠

Are you going to get tested now?

I am a bit disappointed in that cheque.  I had expected to see an image of the president as a watermark in the background, but all I saw was a strange bit of print.  Was that even worth his effort?

SJ

Another brick in the wall of perception that he's doing a great job.

The wall only exists in his mind & in the feeble minds of the sheeple he herds into pens.

on a brighter note, and I guess this counts as an anecdote.

I just submitted my final exams & projects for Music Theory 4 & Sight Singing & Ear Training 4.

Pretty sure I rounded out the program with straight A's in all my major coursework & most of the academic classes.

(the B+ in Math for Libtards still sticks in my craw.)

Zoom classes worked just fine & I'd have no problem continuing with the same in the Fall.

I am not eligible per prevailing criteria apparently, so no.

I've heard that you can pay some doctors $100 for an antibody test. Probably depends on locality and availability though. Dr. Scott G mentioned something about it yesterday.

I got an antibody blood test at Quest Diagnostics for $130 without a prescription.  (negative result btw - I have not been exposed to Covid according to the test)

Mind sharing what area you visited for the QD location?

I've heard that you can pay some doctors $100 for an antibody test. Probably depends on locality and availability though. Dr. Scott G mentioned something about it yesterday.

The easiest way for me would be to lie about symptoms on the application form.

Antibody Tests only work a while after exposure when your body had time to produce antibodies, which probably wouldn’t show either way for me yet, assuming the exposure was just a couple of days ago.

In addition, there is the issue with the false positives, when your presumed risk is small .

My wife says getting tested was quite painful.  They shoved a swab very far up her nostril and swirled it around, and then they did the same a second time with the other nostril.

My concern is that it will discourage people from getting tested, and my question is why is such as method necessary?  Is it not carried in the saliva or is this virus only present very far up your nostrils?

My wife says getting tested was quite painful.  They shoved a swab very far up her nostril and swirled it around, and then they did the same a second time with the other nostril.

My concern is that it will discourage people from getting tested, and my question is why is such as method necessary?  Is it not carried in the saliva or is this virus only present very far up your nostrils?

To reach deep in naval cavity in the Upper Respiratory Tract where it lives in comfort. Just a layman take, I will let MD's clarify.

Not a doctor by any stretch. But from what I've read there's a whole slew of tests, some more invasive than others. The really up you nostrill thing seems to be that it's the place where the virus will be more concentrated and easier to catch in a sample in order to avoid false negatives.

There apparently are other less invasive tests. But i guess it depends on the sensitivity/reliability of the test and I can't speak to that. But it seems pretty logical that the more concentrated a sample would be, the lower the chance for a false negative.

They have to reach the pharynx which is located pretty far in. My buddy had one done for some other test and said it was uncomfortable, burned, and made his eyes water. The videos do look disturbing. He described it as "A prostate exam for your face"  ;D

Here it is.

Thanks.

There's a follow up on this. A letter arrived today from Donnie advertising his check and the great job he's doing for hardworking Americans. Has a Spanish text on the other side too. Pure Cialdini man. How can this genius not be reelected?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a considerably smaller sample size, but I got 100% of my rents for April. And one tenant who hasn't paid on time for a year paid on the 1st.

For tenants who have lost their jobs, the CERB is $2000/month for 4 months. For a family with 2 adults, that's $4k/month. Someone working full time 40 hours/wk at minimum wage ($15/hr) only has a gross of $2500/month. So between taxes and payroll deductions and missing a shift many/most renters are as good or better off financially than they were. Even tenants in higher end professions seem to be mostly working from home, getting full pay, and saving money on commuting, lunches out, etc.

The piper will have to be paid for this eventually, but for now it seems OK. I think next spring when folks realize they need to pay income tax on their CERB could be tough, as one example. (No tax was withheld)

The market for property sales has slowed considerably, and both pricing and transaction volumes are way down.

I'm not sure about the leasing market, I haven't had a vacancy since this started. I suspect it's quite bad.

I posted this in response to a question in the Canadian real estate thread about 6 weeks ago. Since that time, I have collected 100% of my May rents on time and in full. The Canadian government is basically floating my tenants, I think.

Also since then, over 30% of my tenants have given notice they are moving out due to relationship breakdowns. That is insanely high, even with the same small sample size warning as above. I think it is very likely forced isolation has been pretty hard on relationships everywhere, and my tenants probably have less secure lives/relationships/jobs etc on average which has probably made the whole situation more stressful.

re: new home sales in Orange County (coastal Southern California), I stopped by several sales offices at the Great Park on Saturday, May 30th.  Here are some notes:

-May was a very busy and successful month for them.

-One sales office was so busy that they had to hire a temp to assistant with walk-ins.

-Homes in the $800,000 range are selling very well.

-Buyers were looking to close escrow quickly (within 45 days), rather than waiting 90+ days for their home to be built.

-Homebuilders were not offering concessions, other than some money for closing costs, etc. 

The Great Park is located in Irvine and is owned Five Point Holdings (FPH), which was spun off from Lennar in 2017. 

BTW, I own stock in FPH.