Koyfin

arbcon

Well, life is trade-offs, right? So Photoshop isn't as easy to get started with as MS Paint, but it's also a lot more powerful if you invest a little in the learning curve.

All these are in the "G" (graph) view. You create a template, and then pick what you want to show. There are "most popular" options in the list to easily get you started.

Once you've saved your favorite templates, it's one click to see any of them with any stock.

The problem with Koyfin is that the GUI is not intuitive for most users. It requires a certain way to get something that comes very easy on most other platforms.

My biggest beef is that it’s not useable on tablets like my iPad. This is how my screen looks like:

It basically unusable. Desktop looks pretty good but most people use mobile platforms nowadays for a lot of things.

7573671A-BB89-4FA3-8EED-949A6C6863CF.jpeg

Indeed, there's no mobile app YET.

As for the rest, what does intuitive mean? Very complex things will never be as intuitive as simple ones, and a financial analytics/visualization platform of this power is indeed very hard to make obvious at first glance. Ever played with CapIQ? Now THAT is not intuitive, and it's been around forever (and still looks like a website from 2003, mostly).

But with a little time invested -- like you would in any other complex software -- the effort is rewarded.

Main thing to understand is the different sections (the icons on the left -- you can expand that pane by clocking the arrow on the top left). Once you get familiar with what each section does, it becomes much easier to navigate to what you want (want to see financials? there's a section for that. Want to graph things? there's a section for that. Want to see various market dashboards? there's a section for that).

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I want sites like Koyfin to succeed but my bookmarks are filled with dead links to sites that have tried to replace Yahoo finance (remember Zignals?) It's amazing how many things YF got right and how difficult it is to replace even for billionaires. I think the basic problem is that everybody has very unique preferences and ultimately most people default to a mix and match of different sites. I also wonder how large the audience is. We've all heard the anecdotes that like 57 people actually click on the link to the SBUX 10-K.

On 4/17/2022 at 4:49 AM, ratiman said:

I want sites like Koyfin to succeed but my bookmarks are filled with dead links to sites that have tried to replace Yahoo finance (remember Zignals?) It's amazing how many things YF got right and how difficult it is to replace even for billionaires. I think the basic problem is that everybody has very unique preferences and ultimately most people default to a mix and match of different sites. I also wonder how large the audience is. We've all heard the anecdotes that like 57 people actually click on the link to the SBUX 10-K.

In the podcast I just did with Rob, he mentions that they have 250,000 users, about doubling since last year, and they now have paid users and "that's going well too". So it seems pretty successful and not likely to go away any time soon.

On 4/17/2022 at 4:49 PM, ratiman said:

I switched to Tradingview.