Koyfin

arbcon

looking at koyfin as an alternative to bloomberg. It's keyboard layout is similar. It' doesn't have transcripts and analytics are not at bloomberg levels, which I'm fine with. Any thoughts on a good place to get transcripts, sec filings etc, other than gurufocus or seeking alpha? What does everyone use?

I saw some SEC filings in the NEWS function on Koyfin (I just started playing around with it), but it seems like its just a link to the edgar DB. 

Do you know if it has like aggregated ownership share data? [like rocket, guru focus, or nasdaq]  I like to see someone with capital at stake who has enough stroke to keep any eye on the hired helper managers.

What's the deal/costs with TIKR?  Says it has a waitlist.   

I saw some SEC filings in the NEWS function on Koyfin (I just started playing around with it), but it seems like its just a link to the edgar DB. 

Do you know if it has like aggregated ownership share data? [like rocket, guru focus, or nasdaq]  I like to see someone with capital at stake who has enough stroke to keep any eye on the hired helper managers.

What's the deal/costs with TIKR?  Says it has a waitlist. 

No idea. I got in per invite. I love it, best of the bunch imo, mostly because I love checking out underperforming foreign stocks. :o

TIKR.COM is the best, imo. They handle foreign stocks. Transcripts are included as well. None of the or the platforms does, at least not in the freemium version.

this is my gripe with koyfin, it doesn't really handle foreign stocks and it looks like it's for technical traders more than fundamental analysis.

Atom.finance has transcripts, as does unhedged.com

RocketFinancial.com has interesting features and data too, and stockrow.com is pretty cool once you figure out the interface.

I keep finding like weird errors in Rocket...like a lot of them.  Making me really uncertain.  I just wish Koyfin had ownership and insider transactions, transcripts and sec source docs would be gravy.  But I think it is super overall. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did an extended interview with the co-founders of the company (actually started it before I ever knew they were raising money, fwiw). Thought it may interest some here:

https://libertyrpf.substack.com/p/interview-with-koyfin-co-founders

They shared some cool wireframes and early version screenshots that show just how far it has evolved. I thought that was cool to see.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ValueArb said:

I’m really enjoying QuickFS.net, it makes it super quick to review the companies recent by and long term before investing time in reading its filings.

Yeah, quickfs.net is the first thing I check to see if a company looks like something I would want to own.

On 6/24/2021 at 3:09 PM, Liberty said:

Liberty - I know that you're invested in this, and it's great to see someone trying to get to Bloomberg level functionality and quality in a way which is affordable for small-time investors .... but for god's sake, can you just tell the man that he's not living up to his own standards? Somewhere on his site he says that Bloomberg is horribly complicated and thus difficult. At least it has a search function. I just want to see Chtr's LTM EBITDA/EV alongside that of its closest competitors ... takes two clicks on TIKR.com but I've yet to figure out how to do it on Koyfin ... and there's no bloody help function. BB may be over the top, but at least there's help! 

For shits and giggles, try to google stuff like 'Koyfin how to get comparables' or 'Koyfin how to get company competitor estimates' ... impenetrable!

Edited by Sunrider
added last line

^ The usability of Koyfin has gone downhill since the last major upgrade unfortunately. I believe the best way the get these charts is to create a template with the metrics as below:

What I really like about Koyfin is the “today’s market” tab- itgives a great overview how various markets / segments are performing. I check it every morning. Overall, I prefer Tikr.com because it is easier to use and has some functions that Koyfin doesn’t have. The charting is nicer in Koyfin though.

DDF2BD7E-70C0-48B5-A5E8-55458124A85C.jpeg

Edited by Spekulatius

Yes, I don't even need these comparables as a chart - just a good 'ol fashioned table would do the trick. I mean that should be easy without having to define templates, etc. ... not like I'm looking for something exotic. I think Rob wanted to make it like BB (hence the command shortcut stuff) but a lot of BB is not about charts either, whereas KF seems very much plotting oriented ... but even that is a odd, I mean just getting an indicator on a chart (like CCI) is not intuitive (last time I checked) 

... shame really ...

I use the templates to graph out things like ROE and ROIC over time, margins over time, shares outstanding and revenue growth (at TTM and 5-year trailing CAGRs, etc), drawdowns from peak FCF/share over time, etc.

You can do plenty of fundamental stuff with charts, and your brain can take it in a lost easier than a bunch of numbers (though you can go to the FH section if you want financials as numbers).

f.ex. image.thumb.png.28feb9319ca40d21c5e5dcf95f9edbcb.png'''

image.thumb.png.57936a49854c4359c457f4937aed7d30.png

image.thumb.png.28e199d9221f37b7e8a4c0c87755f548.png