India and Corona

rukawa

Young indians live with their parents. People are incredibly social, its a very warm friendly culture and cities are extremely crowded (google Indian trains). The whole country has horrible hygiene. And the people are stubborn as fuck. The public health system is horrendous. I mean they still have leprosy in the country despite the government offering the anti-biotic for free.

And yet they haven't been hit by Corona in a big way. India was good at screening people at airports and quarantining people based on that. But once the virus get inside the country I can't see how they would be able to control it. Maybe the hot weather will save them.

The real Corona bombs will be countries with warm extended family cultures like India and Latin America...its especially dangerous because these countries are getting hit last and so they are pretty complacent.

its especially dangerous because these countries are getting hit last and so they are pretty complacent.

Huh? News I'm seeing all suggest countries getting it later are taking precautions earlier in their virus-cases growth curve... not being complacent and benefitting from being late to the party.

rukawa & estoybien,

In the "Coronavirus" topic I have earlier expressed my concern about the numbers from India in the WHO sit reports. This situation with regard to India has - at least to me - the potential to become the largest humanitarian disaster in our lifetime.