When would you move cash/bonds to SP500?

Jurgis
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't have specific SP500 levels but currently I'm at about 20% cash and will continue to buy as/if the market falls. My guess is at the pace of, if the index hits 2000 I'd probably be out of dry powder.

I don't have specific SP500 levels but currently I'm at about 20% cash and will continue to buy as/if the market falls. My guess is at the pace of, if the index hits 2000 I'd probably be out of dry powder.

I moved 15% at 2800 and another 5% at 2720. I will add 10% at every 100 point drop roughly. Might move it all when things look clearer. I kind of expect to see the 3018 lows tested. My 401k is a small account worth 2 1/2 years of savings for me. I had moved it all to cash when the SPY went to 3050.

My other accounts are way more invested unfortunately.

I have 25% of assets in an account with limited options and strict rebalancing limits. It was 50% stocks (SP500 and International), 25% Total Bond and 25% Stable value. I shifted it this week to 60% stocks and 20% each of bonds and stable value. If prices are this level or lower when I can rebalance again (30 days) I will probably shift to 70%-75%equities. Rinse and repeat if it allows until I am at 100% equities. All my other accounts are 100% stocks except for some small cash positions and incoming dividends. So I figure I will slow boat this account to have some dry powder for buying the market if things get really bad.

24% in my 401k beginning the week: 3% SV, 3% EM, 18% Stable Value.

Shifted 3% Monday from Stable Value into SV and EM when they were both down 25% from their 2018 highs. (Now 4.5% SV, 4.5% EM, 15% Stable Value.)

I'll continue to shift 3% with every additional 5% drop until down 50% (or until I believe we've hit bottom). I hope to end up 12% SV, 12% EM coming out of this.

We'll see how it goes. I'd like to see a healthy correction, but I'm afraid Trump/the Fed will again inflate assets before I have a chance to fully invest.

About 10% cash at this time, don’t really trade in and out of stocks. I am waiting for Buffett to take action since he is usually very good at timing bottom in a downturn. I have been doing small purchases but it doesn’t average down much.

Not to be rude snarky here, but how do you know he hasn't been taking action?  He hasn't announced an acquisition but I would imagine he's bought some stocks during this pullback.

David

I voted 2300.

When we breached it today I put in orders to move some money market to HY bonds and a hair back into stocks for my accounts that can only own mutual funds.

Each day we're below 2300 I'll continue to add to HY and stocks until my portfolio is right sized at 65/35.

If we keep moving down below 2000 (which I anticipate as a very real possibility), I'll move to 80/20.