What Are You Drinking?

Castanza

@RedLion I don't know where you live but when i lived in Santa Rosa, I loved making trips around Alexander valley (Dry Creek road) and try the vineyards that are chained around that Road. One of the largest is Alexander Valley vineyard which has a tasting room and a complete range from $20-$60 priced wines which are a good value, imo.

I also liked the Russian River valley for similar reasons. Got a friend working the Porter Creek vineyard tasting room which is more boutique and according to her, the wines are very very good, but also pricier.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

@RedLion I don't know where you live but when i lived in Santa Rosa, I loved making trips around Alexander valley (Dry Creek road) and try the vineyards that are chained around that Road. One of the largest is Alexander Valley vineyard which has a tasting room and a complete range from $20-$60 priced wines which are a good value, imo.

I also liked the Russian River valley for similar reasons. Got a friend working the Porter Creek vineyard tasting room which is more boutique and according to her, the wines are very very good, but also pricier.

I love that area. I live in the chico area, so a couple hours away but I’ll check it out this summer when we need to escape the heat. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Know we had a bourbon discussion going here awhile back….anyone ever tried Balcones? Tried a few from that line and it’s probably one of the most absurdly unique bottles I’ve had in awhile. Better than stuff 5x more expensive. Got me kinda interested in Texas Whiskey now. 

Key West Painkillers from a place called the tipsy rooster.  Amazing drink, definitely going to enter the Christmas time drink repertoire. 

it’s cinnamon infused rum with coconut and pineapple plus some other stuff.  Nutmeg on top.  Lots of ice. Tastes like heaven. 

23 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Know we had a bourbon discussion going here awhile back….anyone ever tried Balcones? Tried a few from that line and it’s probably one of the most absurdly unique bottles I’ve had in awhile. Better than stuff 5x more expensive. Got me kinda interested in Texas Whiskey now. 

Balcones is good stuff. Stopped by their distillery back in 2021  when I was out that way for a wedding. Texas has some unique whiskeys for sure. 

There’s quite a few micro distilleries throughout Texas. Rebecca Creek is a little hidden gem in San Antonio. Pretty new and not all their products are great. But their Double Barrel about a Spanish Oak was pretty solid as well. At least a unique offering. 

On 11/30/2023 at 10:53 AM, Spekulatius said:

Another friend recommended the Anderson valley again. Finally wrapping up a busy several months, and I’m thinking this would be a great place to explore. 

I’ve been to the Russian River once, and it was great, would love to spend more time there. 

I’ve been drinking a lot of Frank Family 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon (I think the best value I can find in the local markets) and Rombauer (I think their Zin is a great value, and we belong to the club so we do get a lot of the special zins like the el dorado and fiddletown. 

Edited by RedLion