What Are You Drinking?

Castanza

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live in NYC so its extremely hard to get heady topper. Local shop got 1 case this week. was lucky enough to be there when it got dropped off.

where in NYC?

I live in Burlington, VT. I remember the days when people (myself included) would line up for an hour or more to get it. Now, it's available at every supermarket, gas station, corner store, etc. here. I still grab some every once in a while, but there are so many other amazing IPAs here in VT.

CT/ Burlington has some good stuff to drink. We recently stopped by at von Trapp in Stowe and Vermont Artisan Coffee and I loved Citizen Cider in Burlington when we visited a few month ago.

Would be nice to meet for a cold one when this pandemics crab blows over.

The sweet sound of music. They also make really good cheese if your interested. 

https://www.jasperhillfarm.com/von-trapp-farmstead

I am a big Cheesehead so I will give it a try. We are again in this area again ( Conway, NH this time). Tonite, We are going to the Moat Mountain brewpub.

• 3 weeks later...

Second Fiddle by Fiddlehead. Last year I bought sommelier beer glasses from the Alchemist and its been a great investment. Drinking good beer from the can doesn't do its justice. It really brings out the aromas and overall gives a totally different (better) experience to drinking beer. Highly recommend purchasing a good set of sommelier beer glasses if you don't already have them.

IMG_2354.thumb.jpg.b1ba8c381d558856f6022ab12c2f64ab.jpg

I was at a neighbors house the other day and he gave me a Second Hand Brewing Co. Milk Stout.  Excellent.  I told him that he ruined Guinness for me forever. Definitely the best stout I've ever had.

Second Hand or Left Hand Milk stout? I've heard of the latter. The former makes me think about Cousin Eddie's beer in Vacation. "You look like like you could use a cold one!" Eddy says, handing his half-drunk beer to Clark as he cracks open a fresh one for himself.

I was at a neighbors house the other day and he gave me a Second Hand Brewing Co. Milk Stout.  Excellent.  I told him that he ruined Guinness for me forever. Definitely the best stout I've ever had.

Second Hand or Left Hand Milk stout? I've heard of the latter. The former makes me think about Cousin Eddie's beer in Vacation. "You look like like you could use a cold one!" Eddy says, handing his half-drunk beer to Clark as he cracks open a fresh one for himself.

Ha,You are correct Left Hand.  I wouldn't want to drink second-hand beer, they all look and taste like Bud Light at that point.

Ha,You are correct Left Hand.  I wouldn't want to drink second-hand beer, they all look and taste like Bud Light at that point.

In that case, yea Ive had it too, and its stellar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hala Kahiki Brewing Co. Pineapple Ale

It's 5 o'clock somewhere right?

Growing up, my Dad thought it was funny to take Labor Day and interpret it literally for my brother and me (man we hated that  ;D). Ironically I plan to carry that tradition on this weekend and plant a few acres of alfalfa for the deer.

Enjoy your weekends  8)

• 1 month later...

Any must try Oktoberfest brew recommendations?

Van Trapp from VT if you can get it. Sierra Nevada also has an Octoberfest that’s pretty good. I do drink the Sam  Adams Octoberfest which is easy to get where I live.

From the German Oktoberfest beers, I prefer the Hacker-Pschorr and the Löwenbräu, but they are much harder to get.

Any must try Oktoberfest brew recommendations?

Van Trapp from VT if you can get it. Sierra Nevada also has an Octoberfest that’s pretty good. I do drink the Sam  Adams Octoberfest which is easy to get where I live.

From the German Oktoberfest beers, I prefer the Hacker-Pschorr and the Löwenbräu, but they are much harder to get.

The Wegmans near my house has a pretty good German selection; I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Definitely agree on the Sam Adams. I would have to recommend Breckenridge Oktoberfest.

• 2 months later...