What Are You Drinking?

Castanza

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also prefer Rum and have been a loyal Fleur De Cana (nica) drinker for many years.  I usually drink the 7, 12 or 18 year bottles.  As you probably know, 23 year old rum is not actually 23 years old, but blended from rums of different ages.  Its like the adjusted EBIDTA of the spirits industry.  Zacapa Centenario is 6-23 years old, but even that is probably a fishy statistic.

Zacapa Centenario 23years (prefer rum over scotch ;D)

Duvel

Sint-Bernardus Abt 12

I also prefer Rum and have been a loyal Fleur De Cana (nica) drinker for many years.  I usually drink the 7, 12 or 18 year bottles.  As you probably know, 23 year old rum is not actually 23 years old, but blended from rums of different ages.  Its like the adjusted EBIDTA of the spirits industry.  Zacapa Centenario is 6-23 years old, but even that is probably a fishy statistic.

A fellow rum drinker, and fleur de cana no less! The 7 year I think is incredible, and actually the 4 year is an incredible value. I personally don't like the ultra-aged rums. When I go to costa/nica I practically live on the 4 year over ice; incredibly refreshing in the heat and humidity. Cheers!

Zacapa Centenario 23years (prefer rum over scotch ;D)

Duvel

Sint-Bernardus Abt 12

I've been drinking the Fleur De Cana 4 (white), 12 & 18 for years.

It was my understanding that these are single cask & that they farm the majority of their own cane (T or F?)

Either way, it's tasty.

I also like Pussers, after being 1st introduced to it on Tortola with Painkillers.

Last but certainly not least, when I left Rio last time, I bought 3 bottles of Havana Club 7 year anéjo (with the Cuban seal) from the duty free.

I have one unopened bottle left & have been duping guests by re-filling the other 2 bottles with US bought Havana Club.

I'm a deceitful host.

Ionized water as coronavirus is a water borne disease and I like to keep my cell voltage high by staying hydrated and energized. Pretty good for cancer prevention I suspect as well. If I get infected I have my anti-virals ready namely chaga tea and rosemary tincture. Rosemary has a compound which is #3 on the list of 32,000 most effective anti-virals.

Perhaps you should all be making rosemary and chaga tinctures with your beverates of choice which will be the modern version of nordic snaps. For instance you might add liquorice root, a great coronavirus antiviral, to make it tastier.

Perhaps use this swedish recipe with some additions then come up with a recipe which is both effective and tasty:

"In neighboring Sweden, snaps can be made from either aquavit or vodka and infused with a variety of herbs, spices and botanicals—fennel, cardamom, anise, caraway and coriander being the most common—or even fruits and berries."