Coronavirus

spartansaver

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House has ordered federal health officials to treat top-level coronavirus meetings as classified, an unusual step that has restricted information and hampered the U.S. government’s response to the contagion, according to four Trump administration officials.

“We had some very critical people who did not have security clearances who could not go,” one official said. “These should not be classified meetings. It was unnecessary.”

Banning flights from Europe (except UK) for 30 days. $50 billion to SBA and trying to get congress to do the payroll tax relief. It'll be interesting to see how the market reacts tomorrow.

Banning flights from Europe (except UK) for 30 days. $50 billion to SBA and trying to get congress to do the payroll tax relief. It'll be interesting to see how the market reacts tomorrow.

Downwards if I had to bet.

Some other news:

-March madness 2020 without fans

-NBA 2020 season cancelled

-Tom Hanks & wife are infected?

Was at Costco in Roseville, CA today.  No paper towels, no toilet paper, no pasta, no rice, no canned tomatoes/sauce.

Went to Walmart next and grabbed the last bag of lentils off the shelf and a few of the last remaining bags of brown rice. They had lots of canned tomatoes. All of the TopRamen was gone, so I went to the asian foods aisle and stocked up on Sapporo Ichiban.  Walmart still had pasta.  Walmart was completely out of dried chickpeas, dried pinto beans, dried kidney beans.

The trouble with telling everyone to keep two weeks' of food on hand is that the stores don't have it on the shelves when everyone wants it all at once.

Fascinating.  Do Americans even eat that shit?  If you have Covid-19, do you want to spend 45 minute boiling chickpeas, or do you want to throw a frozen lasagna or frozen pizza into the oven?  Brown rice, lol. 

SJ

Brown rice is easy to make. 15-20 minutes in our small steamer oven or even in the microwave. Healthier than white rice. I went low carb, so switched to granulated cauliflower or quinoa.

Downwards if I had to bet.

Some other news:

-March madness 2020 without fans

-NBA 2020 season cancelled

-Tom Hanks & wife are infected?

Yep, even the last holdout got the idea that it’s not just the flu any more. Probably another limit down day.

Markets don't open tomorrow right? Closed till Monday?

Sounds like a good idea, but that’s not how it works.

Trump will announce that markets stay closed until day after election.  :P

Ok. We just went from the Disney Stage to the Friday the 13th in 1 weeks time... unbelievable. Tomorrow could be a bloodbath. S&P Futures are down 900 (7:20 PST). Hello capitulation?

The key now is at what point do Republican Senators put their big boy pants on and, with House Democrats, start to do what needs to be done. First step is jointly demanding that the President handle the crisis properly or get out of the way. Too much at stake for the nation.

Guest cherzeca

For the "it's just the flu crowd":

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/philadelphia-threw-wwi-parade-gave-thousands-onlookers-flu-180970372/

American delayed action on COVID-19 is a crime against humanity.

That is a bold statement.

I felt a bit guilty about the hyperbole. Then I heard about Tom Hanks.

who gives a flying f about mr and mrs Gump? or frankly the NBA for that matter

I do wonder how Trump could get much of anything passed. If the Democrats approve, Trump has a much better chance to get re-elected. If they don't approve, they'll pretty much guarantee their guy gets in. I'd like to think they would put country above party but who knows.