The Joys of Compounding - Gautam Baid

Charlie

Guest longinvestor

It sounds like an interesting book, but it is out of order at Amazon. 

Anybody who has read it and does know where I can buy it?

Some of us around here should be experiencing the said joys ourselves with an unnamed stock ownership ;) We are the book, no?

• 9 months later...
Guest longinvestor

Finally I got the updated version from Amazon.

I have nearly finished the book and highly recommend it.  :)

Baid explains a lot of things very good.

He sounds like a good focused investor.

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the recommendation! Just borrowed the e-book from my local library. I have a request of you, as you just recently read it, would you mind recommending which chapters are the author’s personal/original lessons learned versus that of Munger/Graham/ Buffett. Reason is simple, I’m kinda upto date on those three 😃 and have another reason, I’ve gotten used to audio books which allows me to read while on the go, during walks, driving etc. My reading count is now in the 100’s, thanks to the kindered souls of the narrators. Reading print or eBooks require me to sit.

If you recommend all chapters, I’ll read it. Coming from a fellow acolyte, value your recommendation. Thanks

Hi longinvestor,

i liked his evolutionary explanations of a lot of things and also found some Buffett and Munger and other value investor quotes I didn't know.

You will read a lot of things you already know, but a lot of ideas are thought in others directions or have good explanations.

It's a good book. I think you have to read the whole book. ;)

Guest longinvestor

Hi longinvestor,

i liked his evolutionary explanations of a lot of things and also found some Buffett and Munger and other value investor quotes I didn't know.

You will read a lot of things you already know, but a lot of ideas are thought in others directions or have good explanations.

It's a good book. I think you have to read the whole book. ;)

Thanks I will. I did listen to a podcast interview with Baid. He shared his struggle establishing himself in the USA. He also mentioned the chapter on all his investment mistakes. I’ll read that chapter.

• 6 months later...