Bill ackman and michael pearson senate hearing

influx

Hi Folks.

I hope you are well.

I've tried to find this online. Do you guys know if there is a full video of the hearing?

I've seen the Dirty Lies short snippets though. Would love to watch the whole thing.. :)

Thanks

I'll gladly share this info but you'll have to endure the following personal anecdote.

One of my daughters was born with a heart anomaly resulting in occasional significant but non-life threatening episodes of arrhythmia, most of which would stop on their own but some of which required an emergency room visit for an intravenous dose of a medication. Eventually, she was scheduled for a procedure involving inserting a specialized catheter in her groin, reaching the relevant heart chamber and selective burning of anomalous electrical channels. From the economic side (my appraisal based on relevant inputs), I estimated the total cost to be about 5000$ CDN but the direct cost to me is difficult to assess because I live in area where medical care is 'free'. When my daughter got scheduled for the procedure, I met a member of the extended family who 'recommended' that I go to the US in order to get this done as he knew somebody who had done so. Why would I do that? He said the treatment must be awesome because it had cost the person 25000$ USD. From a balanced point of view, there are reasons for a premium. But what is reasonable? I don't think Mr. Pearson answered that question appropriately.

https://www.aging.senate.gov/hearings/valeant-pharmaceuticals-business-model-the-repercussions-for-patients-and-the-health-care-system

The relevant part of the video starts at around 1h15min and you can download the prepared testimonies.

Thanks cigarbutt - hope your daughter is doing well.  I think I should add your first sentence to my posts going forward lol

I'll gladly share this info but you'll have to endure the following personal anecdote.

One of my daughters was born with a heart anomaly resulting in occasional significant but non-life threatening episodes of arrhythmia, most of which would stop on their own but some of which required an emergency room visit for an intravenous dose of a medication. Eventually, she was scheduled for a procedure involving inserting a specialized catheter in her groin, reaching the relevant heart chamber and selective burning of anomalous electrical channels. From the economic side (my appraisal based on relevant inputs), I estimated the total cost to be about 5000$ CDN but the direct cost to me is difficult to assess because I live in area where medical care is 'free'. When my daughter got scheduled for the procedure, I met a member of the extended family who 'recommended' that I go to the US in order to get this done as he knew somebody who had done so. Why would I do that? He said the treatment must be awesome because it had cost the person 25000$ USD. From a balanced point of view, there are reasons for a premium. But what is reasonable? I don't think Mr. Pearson answered that question appropriately.

https://www.aging.senate.gov/hearings/valeant-pharmaceuticals-business-model-the-repercussions-for-patients-and-the-health-care-system

The relevant part of the video starts at around 1h15min and you can download the prepared testimonies.

Thanks sir. Yeah, understood. I hope all has gone well