FFH dividend

tyska

We just might.  Last year we got about 9.40/share.  This year its looking like about 10.30/share. 

If it comes into an account holding FFH.TO will be a Canadian account so i think they will ding us for the exchange. I cannot recall what happened last year. I may have held all my FFH.NY so it may have come over straight US$.

Now I just hold all of it FFH.TO.

I wonder if they could hold the US$ and transfer to my us account without the dingage!

We just might.  Last year we got about 9.40/share.  This year its looking like about 10.30/share. 

If it comes into an account holding FFH.TO will be a Canadian account so i think they will ding us for the exchange. I cannot recall what happened last year. I may have held all my FFH.NY so it may have come over straight US$.

I wonder if they could hold the US$ and transfer to my us account without the dingage!

That's what I do...it's all held in my $US account so those $%^^#$% don't screw me over on the exchange rate.  If I ever do want to convert it to $CDN, I'll have to suck it up.  But I hate automatically getting screwed on the exchange rate.

That's what I do...it's all held in my $US account so those $%^^#$% don't screw me over on the exchange rate.  If I ever do want to convert it to $CDN, I'll have to suck it up.  But I hate automatically getting screwed on the exchange rate.

In addition, you (we) can convert the US to CAD$ when it is more advantageous.

But I hate automatically getting screwed on the exchange rate.

They do make far more $ with me with their exchange rate conversion hidden fee than with their trading fee. It's like the seller who would say: our cars are cheap...but you will have to tank with us solely.

I don't have the exchange rate negociating power that FFH have and I wonder what is the value added for FFH to give us dividends in US $. By the way, do most of the shares are held by canadian shareholders or US shareholders? I would guess canadians, but I don't know for sure.