Traveling to Eastern Canada

DanielGMask

I am appalled by the lack of taste of some friends on this thread  :P

Kidding. I could wax poetic about schwartz's for hours but I'll spare everyone. Just eat, drink, laugh and smoke on the streets of montreal. Cannot have a bad time with those ingredients.  ;D

Just eat, drink, laugh and smoke on the streets of montreal. Cannot have a bad time with those ingredients.

Absolutely, although my wife and I are non-smokers  ;D .  We went last summer for a few days and we're going again this year. We love Montreal.  It's great that we can hop on a Via train and be downtown within walking distance to most things.  We drove last year and didn't use the car at all while we were there.  So we're taking the train this year and with 2 daughters (10 and 7), they're looking forward to the train ride as much as the trip itself.

+1 for Nova Scotia. We're good peoples, and especially happy in the summer! lol

Well first off you are not really talking about Eastern Canada. Ontario & Quebec are considered Central Canada.

If you really want to have an interesting visit, you really should go to Eastern Canada - the Atlantic Provinces and/or the Maritimes. Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island and you will see a lot of beautiful  scenery, some of the world's best beaches and some of the best food in the country.

Further to my previous post regarding Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick and in answer to BG2008:

http://www.tourismpei.com/

http://www.novascotia.com/

http://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/

You will look a long time to find a more beautiful area. This IS Eastern Canada - and do not forget Newfoundland.

PS. We are only a days drive from Boston, New York, etc, etc or less than a couple of hours by air.

• 1 month later...

So this is my report! I visited Toronto, Niagara, Ottawa and Montreal. I liked Montreal a lot, beautiful city. Toronto is more cosmopolita with lots of skyscrapers but Montreal is beautiful. Ottawa has a more serious vibe but some buildings and the river are beautiful. The falls are wow. The food was great in every case but one.

I ate at Buca, Forno Cultura, Cafe Boloud, Cafe Landwer and Bonjour Brioche in Toronto and the Skylon Tower Dinning room in Niagara. Loved Yorkville and the views from the Skypod in the CN Tower. Visited St Lawrence Market and had a peameal bacon sandwich. The aquarium is very good, as well as the Ontario Museum. At Niagara I saw the falls from a helicopter, then from the Skylon Tower and finally from a boat in the midst. Amazing experience.

In Ottawa I walked at the Rideau Canal a couple of times since I loved the feeling and the view. The Senate Chambers tour was interesting. Dined at Riviera and actually didn't like it. Before leaving I had breakfast at the Scone Witch, very good.

Montreal was amazing from the start. I used the subway and bikes to move around the city but mainly walked a lot. This is a city that makes you feel in awe when walking. I went to Schwartz and ordered the smoked meat medium-fat, extra rye bread, fries, mustard and half sour pickle as some of you suggested. That's an amazing sandwich! I also loved St Viateur bagels, I had breakfast there and it was great. Eggspectation was ok. I dined at Damas and at Europea by Jerome Ferrer (sensorial experience), both great. Notre Dame is beautiful. I cruised for a couple of hours and saw the city from the water, walked through Mt Royal all the way to the top and had an amazing chocolate milkshake with several toppings at Juliette et Chocolat.

I only saw a few things from a few cities, but you have an amazing country!

So this is my report! I visited Toronto, Niagara, Ottawa and Montreal. I liked Montreal a lot, beautiful city. Toronto is more cosmopolita with lots of skyscrapers but Montreal is beautiful. Ottawa has a more serious vibe but some buildings and the river are beautiful. The falls are wow. The food was great in every case but one.

I ate at Buca, Forno Cultura, Cafe Boloud, Cafe Landwer and Bonjour Brioche in Toronto and the Skylon Tower Dinning room in Niagara. Loved Yorkville and the views from the Skypod in the CN Tower. Visited St Lawrence Market and had a peameal bacon sandwich. The aquarium is very good, as well as the Ontario Museum. At Niagara I saw the falls from a helicopter, then from the Skylon Tower and finally from a boat in the midst. Amazing experience.

In Ottawa I walked at the Rideau Canal a couple of times since I loved the feeling and the view. The Senate Chambers tour was interesting. Dined at Riviera and actually didn't like it. Before leaving I had breakfast at the Scone Witch, very good.

Montreal was amazing from the start. I used the subway and bikes to move around the city but mainly walked a lot. This is a city that makes you feel in awe when walking. I went to Schwartz and ordered the smoked meat medium-fat, extra rye bread, fries, mustard and half sour pickle as some of you suggested. That's an amazing sandwich! I also loved St Viateur bagels, I had breakfast there and it was great. Eggspectation was ok. I dined at Damas and at Europea by Jerome Ferrer (sensorial experience), both great. Notre Dame is beautiful. I cruised for a couple of hours and saw the city from the water, walked through Mt Royal all the way to the top and had an amazing chocolate milkshake with several toppings at Juliette et Chocolat.

I only saw a few things from a few cities, but you have an amazing country!

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed your trip and thanks for sharing. If you ever want to visit this area again in the future, come late september and you can see some of the best beautiful fall colors.