Deadwood (HBO) thread (series, movie, and hopefully book!)

Liberty

Lib, whad you think?

I unfortunately still haven't had a chance to watch it  :'(

I want to watch it with two of my friends who are also fans of Deadwood, and it's been hard to make the schedules line up.

All good. I will refrain from saying anything then.

I feel like cobf could use spoiler tags (>!Spoilers go here!<) that black out text the reveal it on click. I feel like its pretty easy css to implement.

I backed this project:

"A LIE AGREED UPON is a limited-edition book about DEADWOOD. It will not be sold in stores or on Amazon. This is the only print run. If we hit our goal, you get however many books you ordered. If we don't, your money will be refunded. A simple binary!"

Check out the video on the kickstarter page, the author explains things well. I own three of his others books (two on Wes Anderson movies and one on Mad Men), and they're excellent.

Funding for the book is at about 61k out of 150k with 25 days to go. Very good sign. But if you have any interest in it, go pledge, because this won't be in bookstores or sold after the initial run, and it sounds like it's going to be pretty amazing.

Earl Brown (who plays Dan Doherty) made this video about it:

• 2 weeks later...

10 days left for the Deadwood book kickstarter project by Matt Zoller Seitz:

Now at 2/3 funded, but please, if you have any interest at all in the show (my favorite of all time), give your support! It's only a few bucks for no doubt many hours of entertainment, a new perspective on a classic show, and a way to relive the show one more time through the book.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...