MSN BRK Board Archive

Parsad

One of the problems with me moving the posts onto here was that the dates of the posts would be different, and some data would be missing because this board only can show posts in HTML.  What I did was archive the old board and all its posts and documents at Multiply.  It was fast and easy migrating all of them over, and it is accessible still to the general public.  You can view the archive at:

http://msnbrkboardarchive.multiply.com/

Click "Blog" and it will show all the various posts.  Pages 1-6 are archived files and PDF's.  After page 6, you get to the original thread posts with all replies that were posted under "Comment".  The only downside to doing this is that there is no good "Search" feature for the posts.  But at least the posts are preserved in their entirety, and they are visible, in order with original dates, and nothing is missing if it was written outside of HTML.  Cheers! 

Thank you Sanjeev.

Today after one last check to confirm the old board was shut down, I finally removed my old link.  It is crazy to get emotional like this over a shared little piece of cyber real-estate that many of just just happened to have spent hundreds or thousands of hours on! :'(

Hi Uhuru,

I guess for some of us, it was a big chunk of our life for the last seven years, and it directly affected most of our pocketbooks.  To tell you the truth, I know for a fact that Fairfax also found it very useful in hearing from their shareholders, and how to provide them the information they needed.  So, yes I think it was a small but very important little board for many people, and it's ok to be a bit sad about it disappearing.

That being said, I think this board maintains the continuity, and we will be as prosperous on here as we were there.  With continued support from our membership base, and contributions from each of those members, the sadness of losing the old board will dissipate quickly.  Ironically, the old board was terminated exactly one day after its seventh anniversary!  Cheers!   

Thanks for doing the work on the Archive Sanjeev.

I actually find it humerous that one of the biggest missing features from MSN was the search feature and they close the site and move everyone to Multiply which has neither a search feature nor does it appear to be a proper message board. I think that's why I've never invested in Microsoft...

Maybe in a year or two they'll add a search to Multiply and we'll be able to get at some of that great stuff built up over the years.