Book Rec's?

EricSchleien

Books I've read recently that I enjoyed.

"The Coddling of The American Mind" Jonathan Haidt

"The Happiness Hypothesis" Jonathan Haidt

"The Myth of the Rational Voter" Bryan Caplan

"iWoz"

"Christmas Eve, 1914" Charles Olivier

"The Everything Store"

"Thinking in Bets" (but I'm pretty sure it was you who recommended this, so you read it already, if not, it was good)

The 2 "Luna" books by Ian McDonald

"iWoz"

"The Everything Store"

"Thinking in Bets" (but I'm pretty sure it was you who recommended this, so you read it already, if not, it was good)

Yes, it was me who recommended that to you! Also, I love Haidt. Have you read The Righteous Mind?

"iWoz"

"The Everything Store"

Yes, it was me who recommended that to you! Also, I love Haidt. Have you read The Righteous Mind?

I have, I didn't list it here because we've talked about it before so I knew for sure you'd read it.

I am presently reading Guns, Germs and Steel.  Charlie Munger recommendation.

I have recently read and enjoyed- The Undoing Project, Chaos Monkeys and Outsiders by Thorndyke.

Non-business- Clockwork Orange and The Great Gatsby [i am catch up on a few classics that I missed.].

I am presently reading Guns, Germs and Steel.  Charlie Munger recommendation.

I have recently read and enjoyed- The Undoing Project, Chaos Monkeys and Outsiders by Thorndyke.

Non-business- Clockwork Orange and The Great Gatsby [i am catch up on a few classics that I missed.].

I looked up "The Undoing Project" on Amazon and it said "Read for free" with prime.  So I just had that delivered to my Kindle.  Thanks.

I've also never read Clockwork Orange, I'm going to put that on my list as well.

Another 2 books I'll mention which are good reads are Kevin Kelly's "What Technology Wants" and his follow-up "The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future".  He's got an interesting take on the evolutionary process of technology, both how it evolved in the past and where it is likely going.

James P Carse, "Finite and Infinite Games";

Tom Wright, Bradley Hope, "Billion Dollar Whale";

Ichiro Kishimi, Fumitake Koga, "The Courage to be Disliked" (basically a primer on Adler);

Ben MacIntyre , "The Spy and The Traitor";

Laurence Gonzales, "Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why".

I enjoyed these books immensely in the last 6 months (among the books I read). While none really added anything to my investment process, per se, I feel they all added another ring to my tree of knowledge, and I highly recommend reading any of them to think differently or learn more about things that have happened in moderately recent history.

• 2 weeks later...