Start Up ideas - where to look for

Investor20

I am interested in exploring investing in start ups and looking for forums to look for ideas. I have not done investing in start ups before.

One I found is startup grind but it is mostly seems to be software/apps and very few of other types of ideas.

https://www.startupgrind.com/startups-title/exhibitors-2019/

Any suggestions of any other forums such as start up grind but has more variety ideas.

Thanks a lot

Are you looking for ideas to start or potentially fund startups to execute or are you looking for existing startups with an idea and product that need funding to grow?

For the latter Angel List is a good place to start, as is Gust.com, Crunchbase - most companies regardless of their stage will create a profile there and you can search through their database by various category. Even Reddit's startup subreddit can be informative.

The former is likely best accomplished through local meetups and events where you can better get to know potential startup founders.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for funding/participation.

My friends&family in Lithuania have implemented web based market for business designs (logos, webpages, business cards, etc.)

They have launched it in Russian market:

https://www.brandelements.ru/

(Google auto translates the page to English pretty well.)

It’s two sided market where the designers can sell their designs and/or make custom projects for customers.

The designer side is pretty well populated.

The customer side is so so. They get minimal revenue.

The company is based in Lithuania, which means EU market/rules/etc.

They are looking for investor and/or business development person. The top priority would be to find someone who would both invest for worldwide launch and lead worldwide business development. Other options are possible: lead business development in Russia/worldwide for equity slice; acquire the startup as is; etc.

They’ve built this on sweat equity taking zero salaries so far. It has no outside investment at this time.

This is likely a small size opportunity although there is a chance to grow if platform successfully attracts customers.

If there's interest, please PM me. I'm happy to take questions/feedback on CoBF, but any in depth discussions should go into private channels.

Thanks.

I recently had a very tough baby that caused me to only sleep 4 hours a night for nearly a year.

I wish I could have a robotic night nanny that takes care of the baby. I tried to hire a night nanny but it was extremely hard to find, very expensive, and I find it very hard to trust them. I heard of night nannies giving babies sleeping pills.

So a good V1 robotic night nanny would be able to play a song, shake the bed, change diaper, and feed the baby (Hardest part of the task).