Small Family Business in Canada (Trying to Buy It Out)

valueinvestor

I actually run a podcast on this micro private equity space because I find it so interesting. A lot of these deals include seller financing so as to give the owner some incentive to show you the ropes for the first year. The rest comes from SBA type loans and investors.

What's the name of the podcast? I'd take a listen.

In the US I think the seller financing can stack on top of the SBA loan (maybe up to a certain percent?), I'm not sure if you can do a totally no equity deal. It definitely keeps the seller's interests aligned with the buyer.

It's called Think Like an Owner and my site is thinklikeowners.com. I'm releasing the next episode tomorrow, it's an interview with that Searchfunder.com team and we go over search funds and their evolution, super interesting!

I love learning about this space and put together this podcast to find people doing interesting things in micro private equity. Part of the goal is to build relationships and learn how to eventually do it myself in the future, and sharing those conversations along the way for free certainly helps.

I hope you like it!

Everyone, I just wanted to say thank you so much! Thank you for those who reached out to wish me the best, and I will try to get back to each of your emails, ASAP!

In the meantime, please know it means a lot, and whether or not this purchase is a success, I really do appreciate you and everyone else who are trying to help!

All those who contributed, you have my deepest gratitude as well!

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I realized that it was a long time since I've posted, however I shared everything I could share at the time. Everything finally came to a close, and I decided to put a pause. It seems the owner did not really want to let go, and I wanted this to be mutually-supported transaction, and therefore we both decided it is best just wait for now.

Although I have not acquired the business, I am quite happy with the way things have turned out. Thank you to everyone that supported me, let me know if there's anything I can do for you.