Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better

Jurgis

I've read this book, and I think it's great. Hans Rosling was a great man, and fantastic at communicating facts and numbers (check out his TED-talks). the book is an easy read, and will probably provide a new insight for many people. At least it did for me. If i remember correctly, he also touches areas of "behavioural economics" / cognitive biases etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't read it yet, it's in my pile, but I just want to second that Hans Rosling was a great human being.

This book should probably be read along with Steven Pinker - Better Angels of Our Nature.

Both the Rosling and Pinker books are on my to-read list.  Another book in the same vein which I have read is "Abundance: The future is better than you think" by Peter H. Diamandis  & Steven Kotler, which is excellent.

I haven't read it yet, it's in my pile, but I just want to second that Hans Rosling was a great human being.

This book should probably be read along with Steven Pinker - Better Angels of Our Nature.

Both the Rosling and Pinker books are on my to-read list.  Another book in the same vein which I have read is "Abundance: The future is better than you think" by Peter H. Diamandis  & Steven Kotler, which is excellent.

I have that one too, but haven't read it yet.

• 1 month later...
Guest longinvestor

Just finished reading and it’s a fantastic read. Dr Rosling grabbed my heart and attention and held it from start to finish. I’d be a fool not to practice factfulness much more in life. Saying IDK more etc.

I could see parallels to Munger’s 24 misjudgments of human psychology. I suppose this awareness allows them to see the world as it is.