Happy Thanksgiving!

LC

Thanks LC as I was preparing to initiate this thread.

Happy Thanksgiving and some correlated thoughts

Have you seen the last batch of turkeys? Huuge!

Interestingly, this very American symbol’s “growth” phenomenon may have underlying significance.

Taking advice from members suggesting to look at the forest rather than trees, it looks like the upward trade trajectory of the live weight at the slaughterhouse for turkeys has closely matched the stunning upward slope of the S&P index. Article from last year:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/history-suggests-the-stock-market-is-poised-for-a-big-turkey-bump-2017-11-21

Why?

Doing some research, some suggested it was climate change while others pleaded for manifest destiny. But again, updating data to 2018 as the trend continues, there was no point in searching as the answer was in plain sight: artificial insemination.

https://qz.com/1471267/the-average-american-turkey-just-keeps-getting-bigger/

Typical for a country balancing free markets and central government, the artificial insemination breakthrough occurred in 1939 on the academic side (those who want the original research publication can PM me but the pictures in the article are not meant for prude eyes) and the innovation was picked up by the profit-motivated Market, especially since the early 1980’s with mind blowing results.

So a typical example of human ingenuity and American exceptionalism taken to the extreme with, however, some uncomfortable side effects as the birds can no longer walk or procreate but who cares?

Thinking along multiple dimensions, I found out that the correlation between the weight of turkeys and the S&P also correlates very strongly with another index, referred to as the body mass index which tells me that I should simply stop fighting the Fed and invest in insulin manufacturers.

But the true origin of Thanksgiving is related to the early Pilgrims who set foot on American soil, this bountiful land.  A celebration of the harvest signaling hope for the year to come.

Thanksgiving is a beautiful word that is backward and forward looking. It has to do with being grateful and sharing.

Happy Thanksgiving to American fellow members.

Interestingly, this very American symbol’s “growth” phenomenon may have underlying significance.

Taking advice from members suggesting to look at the forest rather than trees, it looks like the upward trade trajectory of the live weight at the slaughterhouse for turkeys has closely matched the stunning upward slope of the S&P index. Article from last year:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/history-suggests-the-stock-market-is-poised-for-a-big-turkey-bump-2017-11-21

Why?

Doing some research, some suggested it was climate change while others pleaded for manifest destiny. But again, updating data to 2018 as the trend continues, there was no point in searching as the answer was in plain sight: artificial insemination.

Typical for a country balancing free markets and central government, the artificial insemination breakthrough occurred in 1939 on the academic side (those who want the original research publication can PM me but the pictures in the article are not meant for prude eyes) and the innovation was picked up by the profit-motivated Market, especially since the early 1980’s with mind blowing results.

So a typical example of human ingenuity and American exceptionalism taken to the extreme with, however, some uncomfortable side effects as the birds can no longer walk or procreate but who cares?

Thinking along multiple dimensions, I found out that the correlation between the weight of turkeys and the S&P also correlates very strongly with another index, referred to as the body mass index which tells me that I should simply stop fighting the Fed and invest in insulin manufacturers.

Happy vegetarian Thanksgiving! Let the turkeys live and procreate without artificial insemination!  8)

But the true origin of Thanksgiving is related to the early Pilgrims who set foot on American soil, this bountiful land.  A celebration of the harvest signaling hope for the year to come.

Thanksgiving is a beautiful word that is backward and forward looking. It has to do with being grateful and sharing.

That too.  8)

Why?

Happy Thanksgiving to American fellow members.

Thank you for confirming my opinion that more fat people justifies my fuzzily logical long term view of success for NVO.

I'd also like to give a huuuge shout out to the Republican party for delivering on their promise of a gigantic orange turkey with a freakishly shrunken penis  ;)

Oh, and "gobble gobble" everyone!!!