Small-cap ideas publications

tol1

Thanks - familiar with most of the suggested. I should have been more precise: I was looking for a regular publication that entails small-cap investment ideas by professional investors.

Hi tol1,

I have been investing in small cap for a while and here is my best advice for you:

Do your own research and use those bloggers (especially seekingalpha) as a contrarian!

The best small cap is the idea that you discovered yourself, and there was no one talking about it in seekingalpha. Then it kept going up and up. After 3 months and 200% rise, a seekingalpha article came out to tell you how great this stock is and it is about to go up another 100%. SELL! I've seen countless times when the day a seekingalpha article finally came out for an unknown and under followed stock, the stock marks a long term top!

Small cap stocks lack of liquidity, and the smart asses need dumb guys to buy their stocks. Hence the pumping article. As the stock falls another 20%, another pumping article will come out, probably from a different author this time, telling you now it is an even better bargain. And Buffet type investors will usually take that bait and buy more. Then after another year, the company started reporting negative earnings, and there is no P/E anymore. The stock is already down 70% since I bought. I sell in huge disgust. I've had this kind of experience with DAIO, PRKA and a few others.

You have to be smart and do your own research! If you can't find any articles talking about a stock you are highly favorable with, that means it is SAFE to buy! If you like a stock but there has recently been a few articles pumping it, DANGEROUS LEVEL IS HIGH!

Good luck! You can make 50-100% a year investing in micro cap stocks. Or you can lose 50-100% a year in it.

Hi tol1,

I have been investing in small cap for a while and here is my best advice for you:

Do your own research and use those bloggers (especially seekingalpha) as a contrarian!

The best small cap is the idea that you discovered yourself, and there was no one talking about it in seekingalpha. Then it kept going up and up. After 3 months and 200% rise, a seekingalpha article came out to tell you how great this stock is and it is about to go up another 100%. SELL! I've seen countless times when the day a seekingalpha article finally came out for an unknown and under followed stock, the stock marks a long term top!

Small cap stocks lack of liquidity, and the smart asses need dumb guys to buy their stocks. Hence the pumping article. As the stock falls another 20%, another pumping article will come out, probably from a different author this time, telling you now it is an even better bargain. And Buffet type investors will usually take that bait and buy more. Then after another year, the company started reporting negative earnings, and there is no P/E anymore. The stock is already down 70% since I bought. I sell in huge disgust. I've had this kind of experience with DAIO, PRKA and a few others.

You have to be smart and do your own research! If you can't find any articles talking about a stock you are highly favorable with, that means it is SAFE to buy! If you like a stock but there has recently been a few articles pumping it, DANGEROUS LEVEL IS HIGH!

Good luck! You can make 50-100% a year investing in micro cap stocks. Or you can lose 50-100% a year in it.

I agree. If you are going to invest in small caps you need to do your own research. I don't think I've ever bought a small cap stock that I read about anywhere else. There are plenty of ignored ones, and that is where the really great opportunities are.