Looking for a job

constructive

Hi all,

I’m looking for a new job and wondered if anyone here is looking for an employee/partner.

I have 11 years of experience in architecture, mainly focused on student housing and dining projects. Although I’m a capable architect, over time I’ve realized that I’m better suited for finance.

With the goal of changing careers, I earned my MBA from the University of Oxford and have passed CFA levels 1 and 2. The MBA program gave me a strong command of Excel and PowerPoint as well as finance, accounting and management concepts.

I’d be a great hire because many of the qualities I’ve demonstrated in architecture will translate to finance: clear communication, independent judgment, sharp analytical thinking, attention to detail, and a commitment to customer service.

I’m open to moving within the US (especially the southeast, midwest and mid-Atlantic) and open to different types of jobs including asset management, banking, consulting, real estate investment & development.

Please let me know if you have any interest in discussing further offline. Thanks.

I'd suggest working with the career office at your Uni to identify some recruiters in the finance/banking industry. That is how I got in.

Do you know what area of banking and finance you are interested in? It is a very large field. Narrowing it down will make it easier to target your resume/CV. If you can talk to someone in the position you want - very helpful. Check LinkedIn for people's job descriptions for your target position and use that on your resume.

No expert, but I'd say that if you are looking for work in a different sector (finance) that your biggest asset is that you are also an architect. So I'd guess that you would be a good fit for a financial position at an architecture firm / construction related company because you presumably some knowledge of how companies operate in this space? It's probably difficult to get straight into asset management or investment banking from where you're at.