Barron's Magazine Opinions, Fans?

nickenumbers

I subscribe to Barron's using miles. The drawback is I don't get online edition and they are starting to put more stuff online.

There was a public library that had Barron's print edition online for library members. It does not have it anymore, so that loophole closed.

I think I'm in black on ideas from Barron's although there has been a pretty negative sentiment towards it on CoBF in the past. "Barron's is contrary indicator" or so. Edit: here: http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/general-discussion/barron's-magazine/msg250715/#msg250715

I've only had one 10 bagger in my investing career, and it came from Barron's, so I have a soft spot for them. You can't get the print edition in Canada, which makes me sad. I've tried repeated to subscribe and nobody ever gets back to me. It isnt sold anywhere in Calgary either. I read it whenever I'm in the US. I should probably just cave and get the digital version...

I just read their investment ideas.  They tend to provide good primers for new ideas.  In particular their investment ideas focus more on business analysis / history rather than pure numbers as many other online sites do.  I just read through those things and discard most but every now and then something will really pop and you will have a basic but comprehensive understanding of the company after 5 to 10 minutes of reading, rather than digging the internet for an hour or two.