Great investor presentations - looking for ideas

Gilp

Hi guys,

I'm helping a fellow friend to grow their small business. They are currently mainly in peanut butter production. They are working directly with farmers, they want to preserve sustainable growth and benefit both the farmers and the consumers with all natural and organic peanut products.

They are looking for investors to grow their business, and I'm looking for your perspective as an investor.

What kind of information will be interesting for you to make a decision to invest?

Can you please share some great investor presentations that really focus on an important things and make it also simple to understand?

Which consumer brand companies will you recommend to follow, that in your eyes doing a good job and worth looking at and study their business?

Any other tips will be very welcome.

Hi guys,

I'm helping a fellow friend to grow their small business. They are currently mainly in peanut butter production. They are working directly with farmers, they want to preserve sustainable growth and benefit both the farmers and the consumers with all natural and organic peanut products.

They are looking for investors to grow their business, and I'm looking for your perspective as an investor.

What kind of information will be interesting for you to make a decision to invest?

Can you please share some great investor presentations that really focus on an important things and make it also simple to understand?

Which consumer brand companies will you recommend to follow, that in your eyes doing a good job and worth looking at and study their business?

I would say that the structure of the pitch really depends on what you are pitching. For example, is the investment thesis concept-driven or data-driven?

My favourite piece on investment pitches is Reid Hoffman's thoughts on his Linkedin pitch to Graylock:

- http://www.reidhoffman.org/linkedin-pitch-to-greylock/

Hi guys,

There are a number of sites that have compiled various startup pitch decks that you can look through. Some things to think about, the content and depth of the deck is dependent on what you're looking to raise and the stage the business is at. A later series raise is going to have a much more in depth deck than a seed funding round for instance.

Here's one link with a few to look through, AirBnB's deck is usually referred to as one of the best for early round funding but there's no reason you can't pick and choose aspects of several and incorporate them into the deck your friend is creating. Realize that many investors you'll likely pitch to see dozens if not hundreds of these decks a year so keeping it concise is key and if it piques their interest then you can send them more. A one page executive summary of the business might also be useful.

https://slidebean.com/blog/startups/pitch-deck-examples

There is a great 6 or 7 episode podcast called Startup School by Seth Godin.  Basically, it's a seminar he held for entrepreneurs that he edited and turned into a podcast. It's a great listen and gives you things to think about when structuring your business and positioning it in the market. (are people buying this because it's the cheapest? because it's organic? because it's artisanal? each one requires you to make different choices about operating the business and marketing).

There is a great 6 or 7 episode podcast called Startup School by Seth Godin.  Basically, it's a seminar he held for entrepreneurs that he edited and turned into a podcast. It's a great listen and gives you things to think about when structuring your business and positioning it in the market. (are people buying this because it's the cheapest? because it's organic? because it's artisanal? each one requires you to make different choices about operating the business and marketing).

I second that, it's a great series.