Re: Promoting a blog that I follow

Guest MarkS

All these bird shots are awesome - thanks guys.  Boiler, your shot reminds me of my Son's story from his first couple days in Alaska (he gets back Tuesday from 3 months in the Aleutian islands & Bering Sea).  My kid had never seen a bald eagle in person before (he grew up in Oaxaca Mexico).  He was pole fishing off the dock his first couple days up there this Summer and caught a bunch of rockfish.  He pulls his first big rockfish out and right as he gets it off the hook a huge bald eagle comes in a steals it right off the ground inches from him and flies away with the huge fish still wiggling in the eagles mouth.  It was definitely a 'welcome to alaska' moment for him... 

The bird of prey shots are beautiful. He has a good eye in general, very nice.

Eagles behind the McDonalds in Sitka, AK

Guest MarkS

That's odd.  For some reason I can't see the picture posted by Boilermaker.  All I see is his text - I thought that he had simply forgotten to add the photo - like I do some times.

I've heard of that happening. That would have been a great experience for your son!

There were at least 20 bald eagles, many of them young ones that we were watching. The parents were probably teaching the young ones how to fish.

All these bird shots are awesome - thanks guys.  Boiler, your shot reminds me of my Son's story from his first couple days in Alaska (he gets back Tuesday from 3 months in the Aleutian islands & Bering Sea).  My kid had never seen a bald eagle in person before (he grew up in Oaxaca Mexico).  He was pole fishing off the dock his first couple days up there this Summer and caught a bunch of rockfish.  He pulls his first big rockfish out and right as he gets it off the hook a huge bald eagle comes in a steals it right off the ground inches from him and flies away with the huge fish still wiggling in the eagles mouth.  It was definitely a 'welcome to alaska' moment for him... 

The bird of prey shots are beautiful. He has a good eye in general, very nice.

Eagles behind the McDonalds in Sitka, AK

That's odd.  For some reason I can't see the picture posted by Boilermaker.  All I see is his text - I thought that he had simply forgotten to add the photo - like I do some times.

It is a large file, I wonder if that is the issue? I've attached a much smaller file of the photo.

DSC_0600.jpg.1426c9391c5a8f6aa4b31892a090c1ad.jpg