One of the best World Cup

Cardboard

The thing that surprised me was how fans from Latin America outnumbered European fans in the stands.  Even tiny Uruguay seemed to have more supporters than France when the 2 sides met.  Given the geographic proximity to Europe and the higher income levels there, this was strange.  It's too bad no South American team made it past the quarterfinals.

Russia has put together one of the best World Cup in decades:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/12/world-cup-has-broken-russian-stereotypes.html

Cardboard

Same cautions and warnings were said before the Olympics in Sochi. Turned out to be bunk for it as well. Very friendly, welcoming people. Their driving and queuing system, however, took a bit to get used to. Plus Baltika is a pretty good beer. 

So you physically went Gamecock-YT?

If so, great for you!

I am sick of this demonizing shit. I don't like this oligarchs thing although, we have selfish pigs such as Bezos, Zuckerberg and Musk to name a few, but the people are as good as us.

Cardboard

Russia has put together one of the best World Cup in decades:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/12/world-cup-has-broken-russian-stereotypes.html

Cardboard

Same cautions and warnings were said before the Olympics in Sochi. Turned out to be bunk for it as well. Very friendly, welcoming people. Their driving and queuing system, however, took a bit to get used to. Plus Baltika is a pretty good beer.

I have generally found this to be true just about everywhere and I have been to some not so commonly travelled places. Authorities can be a different matter though.

If so, great for you!

I am sick of this demonizing shit. I don't like this oligarchs thing although, we have selfish pigs such as Bezos, Zuckerberg and Musk to name a few, but the people are as good as us.

Cardboard

I did, was there for the first week and a day. Had a great time. Had a long layover on the way back to the states so visited Red Square at 6:00 am and we were the only people there. It was spectacular.

If so, great for you!

Cardboard

I dont think anyone is demonizing the russian people.  It's the institutions and government that people are complaining about that allow those friends of ths government to become billionaires through no talent of their own. 

If so, great for you!

Cardboard

I dont think anyone is demonizing the russian people.  It's the institutions and government that people are complaining about that allow those friends of ths government to become billionaires through no talent of their own.

But that happens everywhere...no one complains about the same thing in China, India, U.S., U.K., Germany, etc.  Alot of people around the world are billionaires with no talent of their own...some even become President of the most powerful nation on the planet!  ;D  Cheers!

If so, great for you!

Cardboard

But that happens everywhere...no one complains about the same thing in China, India, U.S., U.K., Germany, etc.  Alot of people around the world are billionaires with no talent of their own...some even become President of the most powerful nation on the planet!  ;D  Cheers!

Sure but in russia most got there by knowing putin or yeltsin and many that lost there billionaire status did it because they pissed him off. This likely happens in china too (but even not to this extent) and certainly there is favortism in the US and other places, but you really haven't seen the world if you think the corruption in Russia or China (where I have lived although not in a 5 or 6 years) is equivalent to what we face in the US or Canada.