Shell Canada LNG

Cardboard

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-5738147/Canada-gas-pipeline-build-start-2019-pending-LNG-plant-FID.html

Recent job fair in Calgary by Shell, multiple positive public statements, opposition by Weaver but not, Horgan.

I actually think that Weaver should be arrested, detained and interrogated to see how much money he and his party have received from foreign interests. Then prosecuted.

Then power should be given back to its rightful owner or Mr. Wilkinson.

Cardboard

Yeah, they should totally look into how much money the Green Party has got from foreign interests--the amount would be negligible, since they don't accept corporate or union donations.

And, to be even-handed, they should also look at the piles and piles of money donated by foreigners to Wilkinson's party during the last elections.  I'm curious if it's 100 times the amount donated by foreigners to the Greens, 1000 times, or more.

The Liberals really tried hard to keep corporate donations in politics while the Green Party campaigned against it. Even so, I don't think the Liberals should be persecuted as you suggest, because it wasn't actually illegal, and because I believe in democracy.

That said, it amuses me when you think the argument you're making is pro-Wilkinson/anti-Weaver, when the exact opposite is true. I'm guessing that you're in an Alberta echo-chamber, and that's why you get so many basic facts related to BC politics wrong. (Remember last year when you thought the BC Liberal party was liberal? LOL. It's nice that you've finally realized that they're actually the party you'd vote for if you lived in BC.)

Lol!

The BC Liberal Party is center-left, then you have far-left NDP, then the extremists Green. There is no right in B.C. and they have something similar in Quebec.

It is not because you allow capitalism and some free market, that you try to balance a budget, that you qualify as conservative or realizing that the smallest the government and its influence the better.

Cardboard

• 2 weeks later...

http://business.financialpost.com/commodities/energy/malaysias-petronas-to-purchase-equity-stake-in-lng-canada-project

Seems to be moving ahead.

Considering what is going on South of the border, it is crazy in my opinion for Canadians to remain entirely dependent on the U.S. Beggars can't be choosers and we are getting a good taste of what that means.

Oh, and by the way, it is not just some Republicans in Congress who like steel and aluminum tariffs but, also a fair bit of Democrats!

Cardboard

Do you have an opinion on the future outlooks of proposed projects on the East Coast of Canada? Pieridae, the proponent of the Goldboro LNG project, realized the headwind it was facing as far as US based feedstock years ago and ended up purchasing a very small, Québec based, natural gas E&P company in an attempt to add critical mass to its project. The future as far as it pertains to exporting Canadian carbon and hydrogen molecules, regardless of the ratio, will be interesting for sure. 

My view is that natural gas produced on the East coast should be all sold locally. It sells for a big premium to AECO in Alberta.

So the economics of LNG on the East coast, then exporting to Europe, cannot be that great considering how much hesitation there has been on the West coast (and still is since not approved yet and multiple projects cancelled) while they have access to vast and cheap resources ready to go in the Montney.

Quebec is also not a go yet in terms of developing its resources and overall I believe that reserves are small relative to the Montney or Marcellus.

Cardboard