20180507 WEB on CNBC - post AGM

kiwing100

Charlie mentioned a book that he read at the end of the interview: Well, I read a book by a Chinese-- economist who had worked in the World Bank. And his general idea was that we had learned better how to help a poor nation develop. There was a lotta stupidity in the early days when we'd give some very poor and backward nation a big steel plant. Of course, it wouldn't work. And-- I think this economist was right. So I think generally speaking-- there's a lot that's right in the world.

Does anyone know the name of the book? Thank you!

I don't know for sure, but it may be this one or another by this author ->

https://www.amazon.com/Demystifying-Chinese-Economy-Justin-Yifu/dp/0521181747/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1525877912&sr=8-1&keywords=justin+yifu+lin&dpID=411BqxkXVsL&preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch#customerReviews

Charlie mentioned a book that he read at the end of the interview: Well, I read a book by a Chinese-- economist who had worked in the World Bank. And his general idea was that we had learned better how to help a poor nation develop. There was a lotta stupidity in the early days when we'd give some very poor and backward nation a big steel plant. Of course, it wouldn't work. And-- I think this economist was right. So I think generally speaking-- there's a lot that's right in the world.

Does anyone know the name of the book? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...