Strong fundamental European long/short equity investors

tol1

Hey,

Plenty of well known US fundamental long/short equity investors, but what about European ones based in London?

TCI, Egerton and Lansdowne fall into the category - anyone else with a rather concentrated portfolio?

• 2 weeks later...

Not l/s but silchester and marathon have good lt tracks (as does Orbis but that's not really Europeans - it's ZA by heritage and I think Bermuda is their main hub but I'm not sure).

Parames ex-Bestinver with a new startup Cobas - his numbers are incredible.

Thanks, he has a great track record, indeed. Are you referring to Marathon Asset Management? Don't they only do credit and RE?

It is a shame that there isn't a way, as far as I'm aware, to track 13F style filings in European countries.

Well, you have certain thresholds depending on the country for long positions, but they are at higher thresholds (3% / 5%). Short positions you can fairly easy pull.

• 1 month later...

I'm considering the Spanish/Portuguese fund (considering they are among the cheapest countries around) and the international one. Has anyone already invested with them here? Think it should be doable through their website like with Bestinver.

I also like Vector (both Navigator and Flexible) in Belgium fwiw.

I'm considering the Spanish/Portuguese fund (considering they are among the cheapest countries around) and the international one. Has anyone already invested with them here? Think it should be doable through their website like with Bestinver.

For anyone interested, I just had a call with them. Can't buy through intermediaries (was possible with Bestinver) but easily doable through the website. Plus: no extra costs.

No minimum amount required either which is helpful for me as I shift more from active to passive investing over time. I was also surprised to learn they already have many clients in Belgium.