search function

gg

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere already, but is anyone else's search function on COBF no longer showing up? At some point, the search box just seems to have disappeared from the page.

There's a little toggle on top that hides it, you might have pressed it by accident or something.  I've done it a few times

What mjohn said.  Little arrow in the top right corner of the site.  If it's pointing down, you have no search bar, if it's pointing up you do

"To me, always contributing posts from you, thank you. Please keep them coming!"

It would be great to have a comment or two about the Ferengi Rules of Acquisitions.

Quark's version is similar to Mr Buffett's criteria if you remove the amiable and folksy coating.

Well thanks! I always feel deeply indebted to the people here, so I try to help when I can. I'm still learning this stuff, and really value the discussion - at least when it's not ugly :)

I went with Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #3 for my signature - thanks for the suggestion :) Reading through them I think #76 is my favorite: "Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the Hell out of your enemies."

More talk while kicking tires here, about the search feature here on CoBF:

If you look at the top left, you have "Home", "Help" & "Search". Please try to click on "Search", and after that "Advanced search" in the lower end of the screen.

To me, this is just such an awesome feature, where you can narrow in your search criterias. It works great - and I use it a lot! - Please try to tinker and mess around with it!

You actually have access to ~317K posts of wisdom in ~15K topics from ~3K investors, which have to be read in their very own context [time & market - actually all the way back to "The Big Bang" [GFC - CoBF got rolled out a few days before the market buttomed out].

To me, there is no book that can compete with this, because no book is dynamic!