Looking for a Gym Buddy in Forest Hills, Queens - NYC

BG2008

A good friend of mine suggested that I find a buddy/support system to get back into shape.  I am a former high school football player/wrestler.  I do the standard weight lifting, cardio, HIT routine, etc.  Currently, my main objective is to lower my weight as I am not a young buck anymore (mid 30s).  Over time, I may try to accomplish more ambitious athletic goals like squatting 400-500 pounds and other things that are more inspirational, run half marathon? learn boxing?  Cycle across America?  Abalone diving in San Francisco?  Pose shirtless for 40 under 40 by Fortune?   

I have managed my own fund for 4-5 years and I mostly work from home.  Working from home has its many pluses, but has also taken about 5-10,000 steps from my daily commute.  Hence, I need to be more vigilante about working out.  My gym is the NYSC in Forest Hills, it's accessible via the E,F,M,R lines.  It's about 20 mins from midtown during offpeak hours even though it looks like it's really far away.   

1) The ideal workout partner is likely another value investor who live in the neighborhood and want to get together for an off peak workout between the morning and evening rush. 

2) I am even flexible if you're a college student/younger investor who wants to learn value investing from a fund manager.  Frankly, I can teach you how to work out as well.  In this case, I expect you to work around my schedule and go out of your way a bit.  One thing I can't do is mentor AND motivate.  The motivation has to come from you.  I am fairly old school and believe that respect is earned not given.  If you want to do this, please be mindful of this dynamic. 

3) Any sort of work from home professional who wants a buddy to work out with and use social pressure to force them to stick to a workout routine.   

I prefer someone who squat more than 135.  It really kills the flow if I'm squatting 315 and we have to take off all the plates to do your set.  In 2017, is that a politically incorrect statement?  Exceptions made for the secret Charlie Munger that roam among us in the shadows.

Anyway, just shoot me a PM, I'm a friendly person.  If we can't be gym buddies, it's good to have a few coffee/lunch buds in the neighborhood.   

Ah man, I wish I was still in NY. Although my back squat is a bit messed up due to a slipped disk...can still front squat over a plate though. Good luck with the search!

LC, you're a fairly young man, it's just too early for you to get into the "repair-age" with something like that. All the best to you with it.

Ah man, I wish I was still in NY. Although my back squat is a bit messed up due to a slipped disk...can still front squat over a plate though. Good luck with the search!

LC, you're a fairly young man, it's just too early for you to get into the "repair-age" with something like that. All the best to you with it.

Thanks for the kind words!

BG - Good seeing you here last month. I wished you lived in Chicago.

I need someone like you here to kick my ass!  Good luck and stay in shape buddy!

Cubs,

Thank you for the kind words.  If anything, I'm in need of some sort of social obligation to get myself to the gym on a more consistent basis.  Great seeing you.  If you're in NYC, give me a holler.