Making history!

Buffett_Groupie

"The company that needs a new machine tool, and hasn’t bought it, is already paying for it. " - Charlie Munger quoted the Warner & Swasey Commercial in Poor Charlie's Almanac

"The investor who discovered Berkshire Hathaway early and didn't own it, is already paying for it."  :)

Enjoy: http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BRK-A

One of you folks should simply place an order for $300,000 to make history! LOL  ;D

I pay for it every year.  When I first started my Keough (proprietorship profit sharing plan) I had enough to buy 10 shares at somewhere around 600 per share. I let the broker talk me out of it.  I pay each year and no longer listen to brokers.  I finally started listening to myself at 19,000.

Guest longinvestor

I do want to focus on the post-GFC period for a moment. Berkshire has basically tripled. As a regular around here, the majority sentiment has not been commensurate with the unfolding of Berkshire's value. Surely, many have done even better with other ideas than what Berkshire has done (as we will surely see in upcoming 2017 performance related posts).  Good for them, but imo, there has been much sentiment that would be the same as that received from brokers mentioned from 1980's....it is easy to get talked out of investing. Especially in Berkshire. Listen to yourself.

... Listen to yourself.

Thank you for taking the initiative to give this topic some more substance, longinvestor.

Perhaps I should have quoted some more here of your post... - At least what I have quoted here nails it.

Perhaps a likely better exercise [no critism indended here] would be to look at the year end 2008 financials for Berkshire [or some nearby end quarter reporting, at your discretion] and to try to compare it with 2017Q3 Berkshire reporting - just grab the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement for each period, of your own pick.