What are you walking away from ATM? Not selling, just walking away from.

DooDiligence

Guest Cameron

DVA

Ouch, por que?

It takes a lot for me to invest in healthcare related companies to beginning with and the one time charges were icing on the cake.

DVA

I have been long and have decided to close out the position for now. The information on this board has been helpful with the investment but it's a small position for me and I am looking to up my liquidity position so this one fits the bill for the following reasons:

Sentiment seems to have shifted, its been nothing but good news for a the last few weeks. Stock has moved from low 50's to low 70s in a very short time period. Major analyst bullishness/upgrades last few days. $4.9B number received for the medical unit was well above estimates. Buyback announcement was only a month ago. Add in the broader market being on quite the euphoric run. All these things seem very positive, which to me may indicate things could be ahead of themselves. There's still question marks and regulatory stuff that presents risk. As a value investor you buy when something is out of favor and sell when it is in favor. It usually doesn't happen in 3-4 months, but it has here. I entered in August and have a 60%+ IRR. I still like it, but am fine walking away with a respectable return and enhanced liquidity position.

DVA

I have been long and have decided to close out the position for now. The information on this board has been helpful with the investment but it's a small position for me and I am looking to up my liquidity position so this one fits the bill for the following reasons:

Sentiment seems to have shifted, its been nothing but good news for a the last few weeks. Stock has moved from low 50's to low 70s in a very short time period. Major analyst bullishness/upgrades last few days. $4.9B number received for the medical unit was well above estimates. Buyback announcement was only a month ago. Add in the broader market being on quite the euphoric run. All these things seem very positive, which to me may indicate things could be ahead of themselves. There's still question marks and regulatory stuff that presents risk. As a value investor you buy when something is out of favor and sell when it is in favor. It usually doesn't happen in 3-4 months, but it has here. I entered in August and have a 60%+ IRR. I still like it, but am fine walking away with a respectable return and enhanced liquidity position.

Congrats! I think I did the same with AZO for the same reason.

Cash got a shade below 30% & AZO had a nice quick run.

Basically, everything.

Just waiting, while at the same time still studying pretty intensively. I can't get my head around taxes for 2017. It looks to me to become a pretty brutal January 15, 2018 for me and my family [naturally, subject to change].

Never go down on high quality tools and cash.

Basically, everything.

Just waiting, while at the same time still studying pretty intensively. I can't get my head around taxes for 2017. It looks to me to become a pretty brutal January 15, 2018 for me and my family [naturally, subject to change].

Never go down on high quality tools and cash.

I ran a projection of my 2017 taxes on a 2016 copy of HR Block software & even with cap gains (which turned out to be more than I remembered) my tax bill should be zero dollars (starting 1 Jan 2018 everyone will be required to say ZERO DOLLARS instead of FREE.)

I got one last check in Jan which covered the last half of Dec working offshore.

I may even get a small refund!

Paid a buttload of taxes in the past decade.

2017 was a year of missed opportunities.

These days, navigating to understand more about cryptocurrencies. (for fun)

Found this:

http://rbadvisors.com/images/pdfs/Some_thoughts_on_2018.pdf

I have not checked the validity of the arguments or the credentials of the author. So, the section on Bitcoin has unknown value to me.

However, the author, referring to the 2018 outlook and the effect of corporate tax cuts, mentions:

"Cutting corporate taxes is like giving a shot of adrenalin to a healthy patient."

Why would one want to do that and what kind of positive effect would one expect?

Now, I'm really confused.

Will review fundamentals.

Have always been against performance enhancing drugs.

2017 was a year of missed opportunities.

These days, navigating to understand more about cryptocurrencies. (for fun)

Found this:

http://rbadvisors.com/images/pdfs/Some_thoughts_on_2018.pdf

I have not checked the validity of the arguments or the credentials of the author. So, the section on Bitcoin has unknown value to me.

However, the author, referring to the 2018 outlook and the effect of corporate tax cuts, mentions:

"Cutting corporate taxes is like giving a shot of adrenalin to a healthy patient."

Why would one want to do that and what kind of positive effect would one expect?

Now, I'm really confused.

Will review fundamentals.

Have always been against performance enhancing drugs.

I'd say it's more analogous to removing some of the weights that have been previously applied to the ankles of a healthy runner.

"I'd say it's more analogous to removing some of the weights that have been previously applied to the ankles of a healthy runner."

From the posts, you may not appreciate how much I would like the taxes to go down.

I have always admired people running bare-feet. It's called natural running.