Where are the UFOs?

DTEJD1997

Guest Schwab711

Very interesting. Could have wide ranging impact on economies, industry, energy usage etc if they could identify what these technologies & materials are.

OK, now things are starting to get crazy.  We've got everything discussed before....and now there are "materials" coming off/from UFO's?  Materials that scientists have no idea what they are and reportedly have strange effects on people?  How did these materials come off UFO's?  Was it a UFO broken down by the side of the ride and a panel fell off when it took off?  OR was it maybe a shootdown?  Or was it a crash?

This isn't getting more coverage in the papers?

If it is indeed true, I would think this would be pretty big news?  Of course, we've got a lot of news with maniac perverts and the political circus to capture the public's attention.

I don't know what to make of that story at all.  I am also surprised it isn't getting more attention.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/san-diego-hub-of-the-us-drone-industry/

http://www.ga.com/lockheed-martin-and-general-atomics-aeronautical-systems-sign-teaming-agreement-for-us-navy-bams-program (from 8/28/2003)

https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/aeronautics-and-astronautics/16-422-human-supervisory-control-of-automated-systems-spring-2004/projects/noname.pdf (from 2004)

It's probably part of a military R&D program. Especially since this occurred in San Diego.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I would love to believe that aliens with super-advanced vehicles are visiting the earth and jacking off navy pilots... extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

And I don't believe for a second that any of the recent stuff constitutes extraordinary evidence.

I'll pull a John McAfee right now and proclaim that I will eat my own dick if this turns out to actually be aliens, as in advanced, intelligent beings from outer space.

As much as I would love to believe that aliens with super-advanced vehicles are visiting the earth and jacking off navy pilots... extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

And I don't believe for a second that any of the recent stuff constitutes extraordinary evidence.

I'll pull a John McAfee right now and proclaim that I will eat my own dick if this turns out to actually be aliens, as in advanced, intelligent beings from outer space.

Just like McAfee got me hoping that Bitcoin doesn’t hit $500k, now you got me hoping that there really are aliens among us.

There are a few different things going on as I understand them.

A). There was a sighting 100 miles off of San Diego.  Radar picked it up, interceptors sent sent out, pilots saw it(them), gun camera picks it up & records it.  Pilots kinda of sorta interact with it as it seems to react to presence of the interceptors.  This is not absolute proof of it being an alien presence...and it might be human in origin...and it is not conclusive...but it is very, Very, VERY interesting.

I don't think it is swamp gas, weather balloon, bird, ball lighting, or things such as that.  The object was obviously moving at a VERY high speed.  It was initially picked up by radar.  Radar saw it moving fast/oddly.  Pilots confirmed same thing.  Same thing with the gun camera.

I don't think it is likely drone....it was clearly moving faster/better than an F-18 interceptor.  It was not moving marginally better than F-18, it was WAY faster/better than F-18.

Then the other thing is really making me scratch my head is the report that the government has "weird materials" from UFO's out in Vegas?

Once again, this is not conclusive proof...but it is worlds away from a bunch of hillbillies in a trailer park being tormented after a night of drinking/carousing.

• 5 months later...

Hey all:

Over the past week or so, there have been some more reports on UFO's released.

Nobody much is interested in them though....

Too much concern over Trump, school shootings, metoo, and on and on.

Now there are reports that:

A). F-18's encountered strange object off coast of Mexico in 2004

B). Object was about 50 feet long, shaped like a tic-tac with no wings or nacelles

C). Report suggests it may have been docking with underwater craft

D). Descended from 50k feet to 50 feet at "ballistic missile speeds"

Here is one of the news reports on it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5776081/Leaked-Pentagon-report-reveals-startling-new-details-supersonic-Tic-Tac-UFO.html

crazy times we live in!

I've heard most of those tapes, and they are very interesting.

I think it is highly likely that is a military aircraft though.  It's behavior was not anywhere as strange as what happened out over the Pacific in 2004.

I think it is highly likely that is a military aircraft though.  It's behavior was not anywhere as strange as what happened out over the Pacific in 2004.

Possibly, although I don't get the rational of flying clandestine warplane in the commercial alley. But who knows , maybe they are testing the F-U series.

And I don't get the media attitude about covering this. Even if you strongly believe its not an alien craft, isn't there a huge story about security gap or pilot insanity?

I do admit that I'm a UFO junkie. We barely understand the universe, our place in it, life's origin to conclusively state that we are alone. Maybe Musk is right that the odds of this world being a simulation are higher than this being a base reality.

Possibly, although I don't get the rational of flying clandestine warplane in the commercial alley. But who knows , maybe they are testing the F-U series.

And I don't get the media attitude about covering this. Even if you strongly believe its not an alien craft, isn't there a huge story about security gap or pilot insanity?

I do admit that I'm a UFO junkie. We barely understand the universe, our place in it, life's origin to conclusively state that we are alone. Maybe Musk is right that the odds of this world being a simulation are higher than this being a base reality.

It could be that the military wanted to get a "real life" test of the craft's performance & stealth by flying it down a commercial alley.

Hard to say...

As a child, I was a UFO enthusiast...but most young boys are.  I wanted them to be real.  Then I grew up a bit and thought about it and the evidence that had been collected was a bunch of stories from half drunk hillbillies & whackos for the most part.  There was little to no physical evidence.

Most of the photos were grainy and/or looked like they had been staged faked.

I also tried to put myself into the mind of an alien.  I would probably go to Vegas, or New York City OR a very important city, NYC, London, Moscow...somewhere interesting or important.  As an alien, why would I be preying on the poor people in trailer parks?  Just did not make much sense.

OR

When the Soviet Union broke apart, they were selling stuff, secrets were getting out...why was little to nothing mentioned of UFO's?  If the Soviets had conclusive or compelling evidence, would it not have been sold or come to light?

So I figured UFO's were most likely the result of too much alcohol, drugs, or an over active imagination.

NOW we get some pretty compelling evidence, MUCH more so than everything previously put together...and it largely gets a ho-hum.  Most people that I talk with about it have heard NOTHING about the UFO's, or almost nothing.  Nor do they seem particularly interested to hear anything.  Everybody seems to be enmeshed in Facebook, what the Kardashians are doing, what Trump said, or what they are going to have for dinner tomorrow.

Assuming that the media is not lying, AND that the government is not lying, these incidents I think are pretty conclusive evidence that SOMETHING is going on.  What exactly it is, I am not sure.

It could be that the military wanted to get a "real life" test of the craft's performance & stealth by flying it down a commercial alley.

Hard to say...

As a child, I was a UFO enthusiast...but most young boys are.  I wanted them to be real.  Then I grew up a bit and thought about it and the evidence that had been collected was a bunch of stories from half drunk hillbillies & whackos for the most part.  There was little to no physical evidence.

Most of the photos were grainy and/or looked like they had been staged faked.

I also tried to put myself into the mind of an alien.  I would probably go to Vegas, or New York City OR a very important city, NYC, London, Moscow...somewhere interesting or important.  As an alien, why would I be preying on the poor people in trailer parks?  Just did not make much sense.

OR

When the Soviet Union broke apart, they were selling stuff, secrets were getting out...why was little to nothing mentioned of UFO's?  If the Soviets had conclusive or compelling evidence, would it not have been sold or come to light?

So I figured UFO's were most likely the result of too much alcohol, drugs, or an over active imagination.

NOW we get some pretty compelling evidence, MUCH more so than everything previously put together...and it largely gets a ho-hum.  Most people that I talk with about it have heard NOTHING about the UFO's, or almost nothing.  Nor do they seem particularly interested to hear anything.  Everybody seems to be enmeshed in Facebook, what the Kardashians are doing, what Trump said, or what they are going to have for dinner tomorrow.

Assuming that the media is not lying, AND that the government is not lying, these incidents I think are pretty conclusive evidence that SOMETHING is going on.  What exactly it is, I am not sure.

I don't pay attention to the kidnappings or waking up to little green men stories. But UFO's around military installations or reported by pilots seems credible enough since the reporting party have lot to lose if this was a hoax. But both of them are treated the same way in the media.

Hard to say...

I don't pay attention to the kidnappings or waking up to little green men stories. But UFO's around military installations or reported by pilots seems credible enough since the reporting party have lot to lose if this was a hoax. But both of them are treated the same way in the media.

Yes, that is what is so very odd & mystifying about this latest round of revelations...

If I read it correctly, the weird encounters in the Pacific were FIRST picked up by a carrier battle groups RADAR.  Weird stuff was going on the radar, so they send out an interceptor(s) to check it out.

Interceptor gets there and the pilot clearly sees something, does not understand what they are seeing.  They are seeing something that was giving the radar signature though...so it isn't "swamp gas" or too much alcohol/PCP.

Finally, that interceptor has part of the encounter on tape, showing something very strange and unexplained.  Almost 100% sure it is not a drone OR anything currently in production.  If we've got something like that, then how come we are goofing around with outdated F-18's?  How come we aren't using these things to their fullest?

Conversely, if it was the N. Koreans or Iranians, how come we aren't all subjugated & conquered by now?

So in my mind, these revealed military encounters are totally different than any previous encounter/sighting.

Invert:

What would humans do if we found a planet with intelligent alien life?

You can't invert:

- You are starting from example of one. Assuming aliens are similar to humans is hubris and has close to zero chance being right.

- Humans do not have capacity to "find a planet with intelligent alien life" right now - assuming you mean sending a probe or spaceship. When we have the capacity, the ways we would handle it will likely have significantly changed.

It's like asking a sixteenth century person "what humans would do if they sailed to Mars"? "Duh of course we'd subjugate natives, convert them to Catholicism, rob their temples of gold, then mine for gold, establish colonies and grow sugarcane.". Was that answer very helpful when you compare at what actually happened in 20th century?

Invert:

What would humans do if we found a planet with intelligent alien life?

Nothing.  It would be too far away for us to go there.

I imagine we would do quite a bit of different things....

1). We could probably only communicate through radio or lasers and probably would not be able to travel there.

2). I imagine that different countries & companies & organizations would different views of what to say when communicating.  I imagine that the new planet would get plenty of messages for convenient time shares, Amway, Herbalife, other multilevel marketing schemes, religious messages, scientific messages & so on.

There was a book where alien probes came to earth and a big part of their communications was a "chain letter" & other scummy type things.  Was pretty fascinating to think that Aliens, while certainly different than humans, would have some similar ambitions & frailties.

Yes, that is what is so very odd & mystifying about this latest round of revelations...

If I read it correctly, the weird encounters in the Pacific were FIRST picked up by a carrier battle groups RADAR.  Weird stuff was going on the radar, so they send out an interceptor(s) to check it out.

Interceptor gets there and the pilot clearly sees something, does not understand what they are seeing.  They are seeing something that was giving the radar signature though...so it isn't "swamp gas" or too much alcohol/PCP.

Finally, that interceptor has part of the encounter on tape, showing something very strange and unexplained.  Almost 100% sure it is not a drone OR anything currently in production.  If we've got something like that, then how come we are goofing around with outdated F-18's?  How come we aren't using these things to their fullest?

Conversely, if it was the N. Koreans or Iranians, how come we aren't all subjugated & conquered by now?

So in my mind, these revealed military encounters are totally different than any previous encounter/sighting.

You make some valid points DTEJD. But respectfully I think you're still off.

Technology moves along a line. First you figure out A, then you figure out B, then you figure out C, and so on. In our world we are at a point where we have discovered radar stealth technology (I know it's not perfect but good enough for us to spend a lot of money on it). But we're also at a point where we're hoping that we're gonna have a manned mission to our second closes planet some decades from now. If an alien race have developed interstellar transport technology. They've surely developed radar stealth. Since they're not popping out in times square we can assume they're pretty shy so reasonably they would employ their stealth tech to keep a low profile and not dance with F-18s.

It could be an aircraft of an adversary of the US. But I doubt it. While there are brilliant people all around the world that can design some really cool stuff the whole process takes money. A lot of money. So much money that we'd know that something was up. But I also don't think that if another country had this sort of tech they'd necessarily go for subjugation. The US had the tech to make the SR-71 and didn't go for subjugation that much. Just a little subjugation here and there.

Now the SR-71. This beast went into service in the mid 60s and let's face it, back then it was totally UFO stuff. It had some stealth, and speed and acceleration like you wouldn't believe. But just because the US had the tech to design and produce the SR-71 it doesn't mean that they've implemented that across the military. In fact back then the navy was still goofing around with F9s. So if a carrier launched some F9s to intercept an SR-71 to the pilots of the F9s the SR-71 would positively look like an alien craft.

I would say that these UFOs are probably an output of the US military complex. If we were to encounter actual aliens I would posit that they would employ a level of technology that would be incomprehensible to us. Not simply amazing or baffling. Which would probably make it a good thing if we don't meet them at this stage.

You make some valid points DTEJD. But respectfully I think you're still off.

Technology moves along a line. First you figure out A, then you figure out B, then you figure out C, and so on. In our world we are at a point where we have discovered radar stealth technology (I know it's not perfect but good enough for us to spend a lot of money on it). But we're also at a point where we're hoping that we're gonna have a manned mission to our second closes planet some decades from now. If an alien race have developed interstellar transport technology. They've surely developed radar stealth. Since they're not popping out in times square we can assume they're pretty shy so reasonably they would employ their stealth tech to keep a low profile and not dance with F-18s.

It could be an aircraft of an adversary of the US. But I doubt it. While there are brilliant people all around the world that can design some really cool stuff the whole process takes money. A lot of money. So much money that we'd know that something was up. But I also don't think that if another country had this sort of tech they'd necessarily go for subjugation. The US had the tech to make the SR-71 and didn't go for subjugation that much. Just a little subjugation here and there.

Now the SR-71. This beast went into service in the mid 60s and let's face it, back then it was totally UFO stuff. It had some stealth, and speed and acceleration like you wouldn't believe. But just because the US had the tech to design and produce the SR-71 it doesn't mean that they've implemented that across the military. In fact back then the navy was still goofing around with F9s. So if a carrier launched some F9s to intercept an SR-71 to the pilots of the F9s the SR-71 would positively look like an alien craft.

I would say that these UFOs are probably an output of the US military complex. If we were to encounter actual aliens I would posit that they would employ a level of technology that would be incomprehensible to us. Not simply amazing or baffling. Which would probably make it a good thing if we don't meet them at this stage.

RB, you make some valid points, but I think you are still a ways off...

1). When I was a kid, I was tremendous fan of the SR-71, and read a lot about it and the Lockheed "Skunk Works" that developed it.  It most certainly was a TREMENDOUS jump forward in technology...and even pulled some other industries forward for it's development.  It had some INCREDIBLE performance metrics that still stand (publicly) today...

HOWEVER, a person that did not know ANYTHING about it (near the time of it's 1st flight), and saw a picture of it, would know that it is an airplane and is produced by humans.  It clearly had a wing, cockpit, engines and so on.  It had a clearly defined method of propulsion (burning fuel in the engines).  It certainly was different than most other planes of the day, but you could tell that it is an airplane.

Contrast that to what was encountered off the Pacific coast more than a decade ago.  The pilots mentioned that there was no apparent method of propulsion, no wings, no engines, no nacelles, no obvious burning or combustion of fuel.  One of the pilots stated that he thought it was "produced by something not of this earth". 

There was some talk that the UFO's encountered may have been going into/out of the water.  We have nothing even close to doing that today.  I am not aware of any work/research even being done on this.

I am not convinced that whatever it was that was encountered is made by aliens...but I think there is a CHANCE that it is...or that it could be something else entirely (dimensional shift, time travel, another earth based intelligence NTI (akin to something seen in Abyss)...or something else entirely.

I am surprised that the encounter(s) have been made public AND that it is not a bigger story than what it is AND FINALLY that the military does not seem to be more interested in them than they are.

I am surprised that the encounter(s) have been made public AND that it is not a bigger story than what it is AND FINALLY that the military does not seem to be more interested in them than they are.

This is evidence in favor of rb's theory.  But much of what you said I have no answer for.  If they actually saw what they describe, it sounds like tech that is far beyond what is available to humans currently (never mind a decade ago).

This is evidence in favor of rb's theory.  But much of what you said I have no answer for.  If they actually saw what they describe, it sounds like tech that is far beyond what is available to humans currently (never mind a decade ago).

Yes, I forgot to mention that ALL of this is predicated on these reports being reported TRUTHFULLY.  In this day & age, there is a lot of false information out there...and this certainly could be the case here.

Yes, I forgot to mention that ALL of this is predicated on these reports being reported TRUTHFULLY.  In this day & age, there is a lot of false information out there...and this certainly could be the case here.

It isn't necessarily false information or pilots lying.  There is always the possibility that they didn't see what they thought they saw.  Light and reflections can play tricks on you and your brain can fill in details in your visual field that aren't really there.  Google optical illusions and you can spend hours looking at weird visual mind tricks.  That combined with unknown/undiscovered/rare natural phenomena can trick even honest people into thinking they saw something that they didn't actually see. Ball lightning used to be mistaken for UFOs.