Happy thanksgiving to those in the U.S.!

Liberty

Courtesy of Lord Single Malt on Twitter:

If you’re a republican having thanksgiving dinner with your democrat family, as you go around the table saying what you’re thankful for, I highly encourage you to say “the electoral college.”

---

Probably belongs on the Tell Me a Joke thread but it just felt right to add it here (I've been wrong before.)

Courtesy of Lord Single Malt on Twitter:

If you’re a republican having thanksgiving dinner with your democrat family, as you go around the table saying what you’re thankful for, I highly encourage you to say “the electoral college.”

---

Probably belongs on the Tell Me a Joke thread but it just felt right to add it here (I've been wrong before.)

Or you could say..."I'm thankful for not being Al Franken...Sad!

Cheers!

Sorry - I should have linked to this article several days ago, to give time for those who want to try this method.  So save it for next year.

The best and amazingly easy way to (dry) brine a turkey.  I've been doing this since 2008 when the LA Times food writer first reported it, so it's my 10th year.

http://beta.latimes.com/la-fo-turkey19-2008nov19-story.html

Happy Thanksgiving all!

And for those who would rather a wet brine, I'm partial to Alton Brown's method of brining:

And I've been cooking the bird this way for years:

Cooking is a real science!, unlike economics and business decision making!  So I choose dry brining:  much more simple and straightforward!  Simple and straightforward works in real science!  Happy Thanksgiving!