University of Berkshire Hathaway - Daniel Pecaut

ValueMaven

FYI:

The Kindle version of the book is FREE on Amazon this weekend.

(Friday, March 16 until Tuesday, March 20)

www.amazon.com/dp/B06XT89563

Click 'Buy Now' instead of 'Read for Free.'

[The former is actually free. The latter will try to upsell a Netflix-like subscription service.]

How does that work? Does the author get any say? Does that mean you receive nothing for each free purchase?

FYI:

How does that work? Does the author get any say? Does that mean you receive nothing for each free purchase?

Correct. Over the course of the weekend, we won't profit from Kindle sales. It's purely a gift from us.

FYI:

Correct. Over the course of the weekend, we won't profit from Kindle sales. It's purely a gift from us.

I had already purchased your book. But I'll say thanks for those who acquire it this weekend and just say this is generous of you!

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update:

I’ve searched, but I was unable to locate my past issues of Outstanding Investors Digest. If anyone finds the issues describing the meetings (especially before 1994), please upload them here.

Warren Buffett has plans to release all of the video recordings of the meetings (starting in 1994):

http://www.omaha.com/money/buffett/warren-buffett-plans-to-release-video-archive-of-past-shareholder/article_06c5c9f3-6133-523c-a7e9-5d7cdea8d677.html

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This works really well as an audiobook. An entertaining and well informed summary of buffet highlights.

I usually go for a walk on my lunch break so i'm listening to this for the second time. It really helps me recognise the mistakes I have been making. Thank you Daniel

Guest longinvestor

Daniels story in the book about undaunted buying a Berkshire Hathaway share for USD 2,570 in the yearly '80's to get meeting credentials for the Berkshire AGM is still one of my favorite Berkshire stories. -Mind you, a ticket that has kept on giving and giving!

My favorite was from the couple who were just in front of me last year in the line waiting to get into the Meeting arena during the early morning hour of 6:30 AM. The couple (both school teachers) were working with a broker in the early 70's who talked them out of buying a few BRK shares. "Too expensive" in the broker's words. The couple must have bought later but we changed subjects quickly to move on to more pleasant topics! 

This works really well as an audiobook. An entertaining and well informed summary of buffet highlights.

I usually go for a walk on my lunch break so i'm listening to this for the second time. It really helps me recognise the mistakes I have been making. Thank you Daniel

Thanks for the feedback! Just purchased, excited to listen to it. Thank you Daniel!

Same.  Just finished the audiobook.  I find that it's always a good practice to immerse myself in "Buffetology" at the beginning of every year, if only to re-ground myself and my thinking.

• 1 year later...

University of Berkshire Hathaway has been selected (as one of 60 business books) for the Prime Reading program.

The Kindle eBook edition is FREE to all Amazon Prime customers for about 90 days (from February 1, 2021 to May 31st, 2021).

https://www.amazon.com/University-Berkshire-Hathaway-Lessons-Shareholders-ebook/dp/B06XT89563

We'd love for as many people as possible to read this while free. So please tell your friends and leave an honest review.