GAAP earnings vs economic earnings for stock holdings

LongTermView

Buffett has said numerous times that GAAP revenue only shows dividends from Berkshire's KO type holdings instead of what Berkshire's share would be if the payout ratio for all holdings like KO was 100%.

Has anyone analyzed this recently to compare ttm GAAP revenue to economic revenue? Is there a site/source that reports this difference every year and/or every quarter?

Someone on here I think put together a BRK look-through earnings spreadsheet. Personally I found it a little overwhelming to look at, but I believe others find it very useful.

I'm in the process of building a 13F screener, and look-through earnings will be included in it. Will take another month or two but I'll post it here once it's completed.

Someone on here I think put together a BRK look-through earnings spreadsheet. Personally I found it a little overwhelming to look at, but I believe others find it very useful.

I'm in the process of building a 13F screener, and look-through earnings will be included in it. Will take another month or two but I'll post it here once it's completed.

Thanks for the feedback on how overwhelming it is to look at.

I'm so used to my layout that I can just jump to the info I need, but I can see it would be useful to add a summary worksheet that appears first, showing much simpler more digestible information.

A project for the future perhaps.

I'll try to post a new topic if I complete that so that those reading the forum would know about it having changed.

Dynamic

I'm so used to my layout that I can just jump to the info I need, but I can see it would be useful to add a summary worksheet that appears first, showing much simpler more digestible information.

I'll try to post a new topic if I complete that so that those reading the forum would know about it having changed.

Dynamic

Glad you're open to feedback, and sorry if I came off as critical. I know there's tons of very useful information in there, but I just get overwhelmed with all the colors and various columns. I have many models/spreadsheets that only I really understand how they work, and I realize it's a challenge to present the data in a way that is both comprehensive and easy for someone who is completely new to the data to understand.

Dynamic

Glad you're open to feedback, and sorry if I came off as critical. I know there's tons of very useful information in there, but I just get overwhelmed with all the colors and various columns. I have many models/spreadsheets that only I really understand how they work, and I realize it's a challenge to present the data in a way that is both comprehensive and easy for someone who is completely new to the data to understand.

Very good and constructive communication, Dynamic & SlowAppreciation,

Spread sheets are what they are - always a child of the creator. It has never happened - when things are complex - like here - that the receiver has in all detail perceived "the message" from the creator of the sheet, the way it was meant.

• 2 weeks later...