Book of Value - Anurag Sharma

JEast

First investment book I have ever read that spoke about Socrates, Popper, and Graham in a cohesive investing narrative which is the first third of the book.  Maybe a little highbrow for the beginning investor, but I enjoyed the narrative. For the majority on this board, the remainder of the book may be considered review, still, another nice installment from Columbia Publications and a worthy addition to an investor’s shelf.

Cheers

James

• 2 weeks later...

I had the good fortune of studying Value investing from him @ U Mass Amherst two years ago. It was a very nice book for a beginner like me, he uses it as text for the course. Some of the highlights:

1) a nice introduction about how to start looking at investments in your circle of competence - chapter on The art of looking

2) A final paper we had to write in semi-checklist format that one could use for life - loosely based on the chapters in the second half of the book

3) Debunking of the modern portfolio theory, in favor of a concentrated portfolio of carefully selected securities

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...