Website with long-term fundamental data

minvestor

Hey guys,

me and my friend have been working on a site, where you can get a quick snapshot of long-term fundamentals, download financials or display them on an interactive chart (https://stockrow.com/). We also added a screener recently, with customizable indicators https://stockrow.com/screener/9b4c4eb4-6a0c-4315-9b48-49d12fda1416

I would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Looks pretty nice.

I looked up MKL to play with it.  If you click metrics and look at TTM, it drops a bunch of metrics.  Probably not much to do about that as some metrics can't be TTM'd, but you could leave in quarterly values (e.g., BVPS).

Also, tangible assets book value per share is a little confusing.  I guess you mean tangible assets per share?  It invokes tangible book value per share in the mind.  It would be nice if TBVPS was available too.

Also, can you include BVPS in the growth section along with EPS?  Would be nice for several types of companies.

This page is not loading properly:

https://stockrow.com/DRYS/financials/income/quarterly

I would add more years of data. You go back to 2008. I would prefer at least 10 years.

Second I often end up getting horizontal and vertical scrollbars on your data when I try to load a page. I would try to avoid this if possible but maybe its just my screen.

I don't get why everything on the web has a lower density of information. Value line is really good at have a tremendous density of information on one page for their pdfs. But on websites I find there is just too much spacing between adjacent elements.

Looks pretty nice.

I looked up MKL to play with it.  If you click metrics and look at TTM, it drops a bunch of metrics.  Probably not much to do about that as some metrics can't be TTM'd, but you could leave in quarterly values (e.g., BVPS).

Also, tangible assets book value per share is a little confusing.  I guess you mean tangible assets per share?  It invokes tangible book value per share in the mind.  It would be nice if TBVPS was available too.

Also, can you include BVPS in the growth section along with EPS?  Would be nice for several types of companies.

Yeah you are right, it's either tangible book per share or tangible assets, will fix that and also put it under the growth tab. Thanks!

We don't have quarterly data for ADRs at this point, so the section for DRYS will show only annual. We have 10-years of data, maybe you can't see 2007 because it's too stretched out. That's a good point regarding the density, I guess there is still a lot of space between various columns to add more data or delete the blank spaces. We can possibly add a button to switch the order of columns in financials, but if you look at key stats, that data is sorted from 2008-2016 for example. We use Sharadar SF1 database from Quandl for tickers and fundamentals.

We don't have quarterly data for ADRs at this point, so the section for DRYS will show only annual. We have 10-years of data, maybe you can't see 2007 because it's too stretched out. That's a good point regarding the density, I guess there is still a lot of space between various columns to add more data or delete the blank spaces. We can possibly add a button to switch the order of columns in financials, but if you look at key stats, that data is sorted from 2008-2016 for example. We use Sharadar SF1 database from Quandl for tickers and fundamentals.

If you don't have the data it would be good to have a message to that effect, otherwise the user will just assume its broken like I did. The density I would not sweat....its a general problem across the entire internet. I don't think its that easy to fix.

For Sharadar, how much are you paying?

If you don't have the data it would be good to have a message to that effect, otherwise the user will just assume its broken like I did. The density I would not sweat....its a general problem across the entire internet. I don't think its that easy to fix.

That's a good point, we will hide the MRQ data for ADRs. We are paying 100 USD per month for fundamentals.

Not OP, but you can go to Quandl.com and see all datasets available.  Pricing depends on your application.  If it's commercial and your company makes more than $1m in revenue per year the pricing is fairly high.  They have developer plans and startup plans that are cheap, but once you're out of that zone it adds up.

Hey guys,

me and my friend have been working on a site, where you can get a quick snapshot of long-term fundamentals, download financials or display them on an interactive chart (https://stockrow.com/). We also added a screener recently, with customizable indicators https://stockrow.com/screener/9b4c4eb4-6a0c-4315-9b48-49d12fda1416

Your website is pretty impressive considering it was just the two of you. I am looking to create a website of my own. Just wondering, did you guys code this yourself and if so using what framework. What was the time, effort, expense involved?

Hey guys,

Your website is pretty impressive considering it was just the two of you. I am looking to create a website of my own. Just wondering, did you guys code this yourself and if so using what framework. What was the time, effort, expense involved?

Thanks, it took us around 12-15 months to get here, but most of the work was done by my friend as I'm not a programmer. Expenses weren't high as we pay only for data and servers so it's manageable.