John Gwynn Passed Away?

KFRCanuk

I had not heard that Gwynn died.  Not to belittle anyone's death, but who here believes that Gwynn died of natural causes considering everyone now implicated in the Galleon case?  Patrick Byrne has received death threats, but people thought he was crazy.  Even I was warned to be careful of these guys!  Cheers!

This all sounds like something from a John Grisham novel. 

I absolutely think there is a heck of a screenplay or novel in the stories as they are evolving. I have read deepcapture since day 1 and have watched the stories emerge and have had exactly the same thoughts truth is stranger than fiction

I just googled the hell out of him and I can't find any reference to John Gwynn dying, other than this article that appeared today.  Loads of links to his firing last October and pretty much nothing at all since, other than a few references back to that time and his earlier interactions with Kynicos, SAC, and Third Point.

In the days leading up the the Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling trials, I came to use "Baxter" as a verb.  I agree with Sanjeev, I think ol' Gwynne went and got himself Baxtered.

(Cliff Baxter was the Enron executive found in his car with a gunshot to the head.  It was ruled a suicide but the more you read about it the easier it is to believe there was something else going on there).

I still don't understand how Peter Eavis, Fabrice Taylor and Herb Greenberg squirmed their ways out of the Fairfax lawsuit.  I'm guessing it would have been very hard to bring them into the suit without them utilizing the first amendment to protect themselves...especially Eavis.  

http://www.deepcapture.com/tag/peter-eavis/

Eavis remains an employee of the WSJ and is a professional photographer.  You can see his works and interviews all over the net.  I'm not sure what happened to his pastoring sabbatical, but perhaps it was enough to establish a tax-shelter for his retirement fund.

I'm also not sure how the hell John Hempton, one of the main culprits in this whole debacle, managed to be excluded from the lawsuit.  Perhaps Hempton has become a rat like Sam Antar and is spilling the beans, or perhaps Fairfax is just going after the big guns.  Cheers!  

We've seen much evidence come out in discovery, etc, over the past several months. This would look to be the tip of the proverbial iceberg. The remainder of the evidence will come out, eventually, and in that evidence we will likely see the reasons why Prem and Co. named the individuals in the lawsuit. My best guess as to why Eavis, Taylor and Greenberg went un-named is simply lack of indefensable evidence. Rather than name everyone under the moon and stars, Prem and company only named the individuals for whom they had substantial evidence. That's certainly not to say that the three individuals noted above are not guilty, but the more focused and targeted lawsuit, the better the chances of success.

It is bitterly disappointing that the wheels of justice churn so slowly in instances such as this. The lawsuit was filed, what, 3+ years ago? And we are still many months away from any verdict (which will undoubtedly be appealed if the alleged are found to be guilty). Because of this...these criminals (and they are just as guilty as theives, murderers and rapists) are still allowed to commit their crimes. Nauseating. Justice needs to come, and right soon.

-Crip